Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rated Veterans Automatic Ssdi

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

The link below goes to the bill that was proposed last year by Sarbanes from MD and his 74 co-sponsors for some reason it has not been acted on yet and is sitting at the committee "ways and means"

I think this would help a lot of veterans including myself who is worn out fighting with the VA for their rating and then have to fight the SS for SSDI for basically the same condition.

I would like to see this passed this year. If you agree please send a email to your senator/congress person and ask for their support on this.

Thank you, Stillhere

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.4054:

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The way I understand it, if a bill doesn't pass and gets stuck in committee, then it just fades away. Someone else will have to reintroduce the bill again, and hope it makes it through to a house vote.

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this is still burning my butt like a flame 3 feet high. I have heard and read statements from my fellow brothers, sisters and attorney's (ptuey) informing me that SSA considers all disabling conditions and VBA only considers disability's that are service related.

Which means I can certainly understand how SSD eligible doesn't mean 100% service connected, but how the heck is it even remotely possible for the above statement to be true when 100% service connected disability or Individual Unemployability means "get your butt to work by the SSD"? I can see where the SSD findings would be higher than the VA Service Connected findings, but by making them lower than the VA findings, it should be against the law!

We have the government paying twice for the same darn services, we will almost all surely file an appeal which will only serve to increase their backlog of cases, and any lawyer worth his weight in dirt will get us a favorable finding, eventually. I feel both systems need some improvement, but this is just a blatent waste of EVERYONES resources and everyone except the lawyers, the pompous judges, and the even more pompous SSD "physicians" suffers.

I did not go through hell and back to make rich jerks richer at the expense of the "have nots".

Is there any way we can take action as the little people to get this bill back in the forefront? I have personally written a much nicer version of this note to my congressional rep asking why this is still sitting on the back burner.

Sorry for the rant, but this in my limited legal lingo fits the " 'taint right tort"

Ruski

Ruski,

At the risk of this being labeled a 'political' post (definition of the differentiation eludes me):

No one is lobbying the big wigs on behalf of the working stiff.

When the pain got too bad to work, I had faith that Social Security would live up to their promises in those letters they sent me year after year.

Having to live like a peon for years going thru The Process got me killin mad. :angry:

it just ain't right.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelly

The working stiff has very few friends and many foes. The power wants us to fight the wars while they take the profits. They want you to be grateful every time they kick you in the pants. There is a class warfare going on and you can see it at the gas pump.

• HadIt.com Elder

Conversely, when a Veteran is rated a totally disabled by SSA solely for things that are VA A.O. presumptive conditions, the VA may rate them at low levels, forcing the Veteran to reapply for TDIU benefits.

Supposedly, the SSA determination is to be considered by the VA, and TDIU as well. The VA's record in this area is not very good.

By law, the SSA "Bar" is higher than the VA's. In practice, the opposite may be true in an individual case.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this is still burning my butt like a flame 3 feet high. I have heard and read statements from my fellow brothers, sisters and attorney's (ptuey) informing me that SSA considers all disabling conditions and VBA only considers disability's that are service related.

Which means I can certainly understand how SSD eligible doesn't mean 100% service connected, but how the heck is it even remotely possible for the above statement to be true when 100% service connected disability or Individual Unemployability means "get your butt to work by the SSD"? I can see where the SSD findings would be higher than the VA Service Connected findings, but by making them lower than the VA findings, it should be against the law!

We have the government paying twice for the same darn services, we will almost all surely file an appeal which will only serve to increase their backlog of cases, and any lawyer worth his weight in dirt will get us a favorable finding, eventually. I feel both systems need some improvement, but this is just a blatent waste of EVERYONES resources and everyone except the lawyers, the pompous judges, and the even more pompous SSD "physicians" suffers.

I did not go through hell and back to make rich jerks richer at the expense of the "have nots".

Is there any way we can take action as the little people to get this bill back in the forefront? I have personally written a much nicer version of this note to my congressional rep asking why this is still sitting on the back burner.

Sorry for the rant, but this in my limited legal lingo fits the " 'taint right tort"

Ruski

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

I got rated totally disabled by SSA in three months. It took almost 18 months by the VA after I was retired on disability.