Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P T S D - Fax'd New Claim In To Varo On Aug. 12Th 2010

Rate this topic

LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

TWO MONTHS................Start to Finish!

Made claim under NEW PTSD "policy" using 21-526EZ "FULLY DEVELOPED CLAIM" NEW short claim form!

Veteran just called me, ecstatic and astounded (so, also, am I)!

C&P LAST WEEK!

Awarded 50% PSTD!

AND! AND they are paying him back to a PTSD claim that he had turned in TWO YEARS AGO and was denied due to lack of stressor evidence!

So, he had claimed PTSD two years ago, was denied, and then sent in A NEW PTSD claim exactly 2 months ago, and was awarded 50%, with retro back to his ORIGINAL PTSD claim!

Now we gonna send them a TDIU claim!

Thank you, VA, for doing the right thing, and timely at that!

I am now going to sit here and see if I can get my mind around this!

(edited to correct the 21-526b to read the correct 21-526EZ Fully Developed Claim Form.

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the clim being written up properly,being supported by the medical evidence

and submitted on the 21-526b - you have the right combination going.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Do you fax the new form to a standard number or do you have to go to your varo for a fax number...

Congrats you the vet. Did he have combat code's on his dd214

I think with the clim being written up properly,being supported by the medical evidence

and submitted on the 21-526b - you have the right combination going.

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you fax the new form to a standard number or do you have to go to your varo for a fax number...

Congrats you the vet. Did he have combat code's on his dd214 Yes, along with CAR and MOS 0311 (USMC).............but, when he was first denied, they claimed it was because THEY couldn't find "a specific stressor incident" (HELL, if I remember correctly, simply getting off the plane at Khe Sanh was what I considered sufficiently STRESSFUL ENOUGH!:blink:

Each VARO has it's own individual FAX number (I've a copy of all the VARO's FAX numbers, I'll try to post them, when I find them that is.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use