Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Found Out Info On 1 Closed Case

Rate this topic

Cm Burns

Hello all, Well still no letter from the va but I did get them to send me a fax. I was only given 30% for ptsd, anxiety, mdd. I was also approved for pension. They gave me that because it was more than the 30%. They did not inform me of anything that was used in making the decision. I dont get it... They said they are deferring P and T and Individual Unemployability. But all my claims are closed so i am not sure about that. i though for that you had to be 60% or more. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any advise is appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

if they awarded the pension until you are able to get the PTSD award rated higher the other issues become moot the pension is the higher check but you said something about SSD so that will get offset dollar for dollar so you may still be back to the 30% for PTSD and the SSD check keep your mental health appts and work towards getting your award increased stopping treatment won't help you if you are going to try to get your SC rated higher

if they awarded the pension until you are able to get the PTSD award rated higher the other issues become moot the pension is the higher check but you said something about SSD so that will get offset dollar for dollar so you may still be back to the 30% for PTSD and the SSD check keep your mental health appts and work towards getting your award increased stopping treatment won't help you if you are going to try to get your SC rated higher

Yes I have no choice but to continue treatment they wanted to hospitalize me a week ago. I am in a bad way. yes the pension i get is less than 500 because of ssdi but its like 25 dollars more than what i would get for the 30%. The cnp doctor basically said i was fine with occasional panic attacks and a gaf of 60. Does not seem that they gave much weight to the va med records because i have not had a gaf above 45 from them since I have been there. I spend most of my time in the house because of my ptsd unless I am going to the va and i should have def. got more award. They denied everything else because they smr's are lost and basically did not give any weight to my ncoic letter or the as least as likely as not letter from my doctors. they acknowledged the issues but said no smr's so no proof of sc.

"they acknowledged the issues but said no smr's so no proof of sc"

Did you try yourself via the NARA web site to obtain your SMRs?

I have 2 or 3 sets of SMRs here from vets I helped over the years- who the VA told the SMRs had been burned in the ST Louis Fire.

It is also possible that your SMRs are still with the SSA office you dealt with.

The St Louis Fire is often cited by VA as reason for no SMrs-dnt know if that is in your case the reason or not.

Years ago we had a vet here who VA said hs SMRs were destroyed in the St Louis Fire.He gave us his dates of service.

I almost went ballistic! He had enlisted years AFTER the fire! DUH!!!!

He went to the NARA web site, filled out the SF 180 and got his SMRs.

I do agree. I got the brown envelope and they did deny everything else. It says that though there are no records they used my statement because the personel file says I was treated for depression and they used that and my statement. But said i got a 60 gaf which I have never had one that high that is what the cnp gave me. That said i am pretty much ok. little effect which is soley not correct. he really low balled me and that is bs. My records do not show that at all.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use