Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow This Way Over Due!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I went to the VA.gov site and was going to my health evet and saw they had posted something new/ Well I oh hum clicked on it and could need believe it?? In my 7 years of dealing with the VA and the way I was bitter (am still am) at the way they handled Vietnam and the Agent Orange issue.

I have always said the VA should contact every vet and make them aware of what is out their for them both benefits and health care wise. I almost cried when I went to the link below FINALLY it is there. While these veteran's sites do a GREAT service and not taking anything away from them this link needs to be displayed prominently and referenced to to every vet getting out.

I hope Tbird will agree and the rest of the mods/admins!!

http://www1.va.gov/opa/myva/index.asp

While I may still be bitter at the way we were have been and continue to be treated. I love each and every vet and especially those that have served and are severing NOW!

Please go to this site and post some comments of what you all think. I am hoping you will find it as I did a great step in the RIGHT direction and long over due!!

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Living in the past is never a good idea. We can not undue what they did and how they treated us in the past but we can use the past to show how wrong it was and adjust based on the past to make the future better not just for the future but also to the benefit of those in the past.

This IS a good thing!

• HadIt.com Elder

"It’s your VA, take(ing) advantage of your benefits."

just sayin'.................

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

All this made me remember a Marine I knew in high school who got a TBI in Vietnam. I don't think he got a penny in compensation. He was telling me many years ago about these headaches he got after he was on an APC that hit a mine. He was hurt bad enough that the Marines made him an MP and took him out of the field. I do agree with Hedgay that I feel like an old shoe at the VA. I don't want to begrudge the new guys. 90% of vets who use the VAMC are much older, and most are from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. There are no signs hanging out to welcome them. I know all the outreach is not for me. There are 2 million OIF/OEF vets and I don't think the VA can handle that load without trying to kick some of us older vets to the curb.