VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Want To Build Super Computer

gp747

Well looks like i am going to have to lower my sights a little bit. I foune this motherboard and after adding everything i needed to go with it ,it hit around the $2000 mark.

So until i win that million dollar raffle in arkansas "bought four $10 tickets" , i am going to stick to my junk computers and learn a little more.

But you just wait it is coming when you walk in to my game room you will think you are on the planet oz .

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skunk, You just gave me a great ideal. You may have heard of homes for Vets, guitars for Vets, so why not build your own computer in a box for SC Disabled Vets? I know that it is far fetched, but most things are/

Papa

Skunk, You just gave me a great ideal. You may have heard of homes for Vets, guitars for Vets, so why not build your own computer in a box for SC Disabled Vets? I know that it is far fetched, but most things are/

Papa

Hey that is a wonderful idea,as a matter of fact this lady contacted me as she heard i was into computers and wanted one for her kids in school. She said mr skunk ,i do not make but $200 a week and i was hoping you could help me. So my heart was broken and i let her have a real good dell for just what i had in it and threw a lexmark printer in with it . I let her have it all for $50 .Then she came back and said she did not have a mouse for it so i gave her a mouse.

Hey that was the best feeling i had in a long time ,to help some one especially if they are seeking a better education for their kids.

She has come back and wants another bone and i am waiting on my bid to go through to get some more as she said she knew some other families who needed one for their kids.

I am not in it for the money ,just to break even on the parts i have to buy will be alli need. We could really make this work all we need is the old computers people and schools etc throw away,sometimes there is hardly anything wrong with them at all.

I am willing to participate just show me the way computers for vets that cannot afford one ,could use it to help with their claims or check out hadit.com.

I would not want to be the ring leader ,but will participate if some one gets it going .

What I have been and not successful yet is trying to get hold of someone in DLA (Defense Logistics Agency). This is the Agency that is in charge of disposing all Government property. The government disposes of 1000s upon 1000s of computers and computer related parts. There are DRMO (Surplus Storage Sights) through out the country. I would like to get DLA to give all Disabled Veterans the authority to visit and shop for computer and computer parts. The hard part is gettin g through all the red tape. If, any one else has ever worked or had dealing s with any DLA and/or DRMO, please chime in.

Papa