Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ssdi

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I am rated 50% for PTSD by the VA back to 2008. I recently (July 20th) applied for SSDI and yesterday I got a call from them and they asked if I would agree to be examined by one of their doctors for my PTSD. I agreed because I have nothing to hide but I do question why this is being done?

Anyone have this happen to them too?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Now they are saying they want a more recent hearing test!

I just don't get this? I am a 100% for IHD and SMC=s for my other conditions and they want a a damn hearing test? While I am deaf in one ear and wear an aid in the other if I do not wear my aid I am deaf!

But with everything else wrong with me I should not be made to work! It is too much on me and will certainly lead to an early demise!

Guess that is what they all want!

Thanks John I guess this stuff just is standard SOP as Carly said for SSDI. I just question how they are going about this with someone in my condition and what they call advanced age 61 1/2.

I certainly don't want them to think I am a freeloader I am just taking care of my interest. With my conditions there really is next to know chance that I could make it many more years. That is the main reason I am applying now to at least enjoy a few of what I have left.

just back from the SSDI shrink. Went OK. He told me at the end that his write up will go in tonight and he felt I would be fine. I asked do you mean fully favorable and he said he could not tell me that but he did say again you will be fine!

So I hope I am taking this right? I guess I will find out. Now I have to have a hearing test next week. That should not be any problem at all.

Time almost to sit and wait again.