Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd/ao Awarded!

Rate this topic

Lorraine

We're doing back flips and leaping out our noggins (not literally, but you get the point!) My Vet got the big envelope from VA late today with a 60% award for IHD/AO. We haven't had time to decipher all of the words, but he gets retro back to NOv 09 when he filed and the check is supposed to be deposited tomorrow. I'm so relieved that I feel some tears of relief coming on. Now I know that no matter what else happens with our health care system, he;ll be taken care of with meds, etc. for the rest of our lives.

Even though we filed the claim before I found Hadit, I KNOW with every part of my being that having the information from you knowledgeable and helpful elders helped so much in bringing this to a resolution. When I had a question you guided me what to do next, and I studied the information provided here and I've learned so much. We were prepared on how to behave at the C & P, how to get his military medical records, etc. I'll be leaning on you again in the future as we have some other issues to resolve, but right now - we're celebrating!

Thank you ALL! Here's hoping others on the "wait" list are as successful.

Lorraine and her Vet

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chr49 - we're still "over the moon" with the award finally being done.

Lorraine

• HadIt.com Elder

Great News...love it..could it be after ALL these years VA is getting something right? I sure hope so...Be good to yourslf & Your Vet..He's a lucky man to have you by his side.

Don

Edited by evandc

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use