Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd/ao Awarded!

Rate this topic

Lorraine

It sure is nice to have our "friends" here at Hadit to share in the relief and joy with us over his award. We've previously had some real negative input from outside this site(i.e. his own cardiologist poo-pooing AO/IHD connection) so it feels really good to have y'all be happy for us.

In retrospect, I think the claim went well(wish I'd had the info from Hadit for preparing the claim, could have made it so much easier). We were always treated courteously at the local VARO when we visited in person, our VietNam Vet VSO was just terrific, once I figured out how to get through to IRIS, they responded in a timely manner -more positives than negatives so I'm HOPING for the pending cases, that the rest of you are treated as well.

John asked about the Nehmer cases - ours was not one of those, so suppose I shouldn't even comment, but am thinking if this straight forward claim with all of the evidence laid out for them took a year, the pro-rating of disability awards with Nehmer is going to take a lot of time. The waiting was the hardest part and it was starting to "get" to us so I can really empathize with the being glad for those who've had their claims decided, yet being anxious about the claims still pending. We'll all hang in there to let you vent, celebrate your successes and share any information that might help with your journey.

Thanks everybody!

Lorraine

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorraine I hope you hang in here with us and post from time to time as your success really inspires anyone still waiting!

John said "When do we hear about Nehmer claims?"

John some Nehmer vets have already been awarded here and at another site or two.

Nehmer kicks in when the VA owes them retro due to a past denial for what is now a AO claim.

VA verified I have a potential Nehmer claim- I think the VA is letting others know this too -if they IRIS them to find out and the VA is careful to say potentially the claim comes under Nehmer as they have to work on each claim to really make sure.

I have noticed in many past AO decisions for years-that VA only said the award was based on herbicide exposure and the decision never even mentioned Nehmer at all.

I think this was a well orchestrated and deliberate ploy by the VA not to raise Nehmer in the decision because this is how they snookered millions of Nehmer retro from vets in the late 1990s.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use