VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get A Dr To State Probability Of Illenss Related To Pgw

Rate this question

Jimme

Question

I have been suffereing from the muscle pains, joint aches, loss of memory, anxiety, loss of concentration,severe headaches (they call migraines),PTSD, violent outbursts, depression, and several other symptoms. I have been a victim of test for this and test for that with no confirmed illnesses.

I have missed work, no called no showed work, taken all my vacation and sick time to go to VA Dr appointmets over the past years and yet I still have nothing specifically identifiably wrong.

One VA Dr told me he could not do anything else for my pain because he did not know why I have it. I have been acused by other VA Dr's of "drug seeking".

I am frustrated and like other know I am getting the run around.

How can I get a Dr. to state that I have PGI or symptoms are related. I have been in the VA network since I retired in 1999. I went to Wright Pat AFB with these symptoms while on active duty in the range of 1994-1999. How do I get the VA or some Dr to acknowledge my illness is possibly related to my service time in the Desert Shield/storm? My concentration is so bad I try to read articles but they are all so confusing.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Your profile shows 90% SC now.

Have you formally applied for TDIU?

Do you have a vet rep? They could explain the Persian Gulf regs to you- and they should not overlook the nine new presumptives for PGW vets.These are mainly residuals of infectious diseases that were common to PGW areas.

The nine new presumptives and the Gulf War regs are here as well at hadit.

You might need to consider an outside doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.The independent doctor could also possibly provide you with a Independent Medical Opinion to show your problems are Gulf War related.

What is the 90 % rating for that you now have?

Here is link to the GWV claims show I did for SVR radio:

http://www.svr-radio.com/archives.html

If you have good sound system, hearing the info might help more then reading it.I sure understand how overwhelming the VA double talk in these regulations can be.

I am service connected for A crushed right hand(it was surgically fixed per se), Ptsd, Diabetic, Back injury, right knee problems, tinitus, loss of hearing, shoulder pain(not diagnosed as bursitus or arthritus (0%).

My Ptsd rating came 2 years ago, I now have sleep apnia and the DAV rep said he could not put that down for some reason as a service connected? I am on an CPap machine.

TDIU from my understanding is only if I am unemployted, I have been demoted at me current job and I cannot make all the appointments the VA wants me to go to for more test and psychiatric treatment due to my current job situation, I have to pay me bills.

Jimme

Your profile shows 90% SC now.

Have you formally applied for TDIU?

Do you have a vet rep? They could explain the Persian Gulf regs to you- and they should not overlook the nine new presumptives for PGW vets.These are mainly residuals of infectious diseases that were common to PGW areas.

The nine new presumptives and the Gulf War regs are here as well at hadit.

You might need to consider an outside doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.The independent doctor could also possibly provide you with a Independent Medical Opinion to show your problems are Gulf War related.

What is the 90 % rating for that you now have?

Jimme

You need a "Veteran friendly" VA doc. You cant make your doc say something, just find one who will. Sometimes its not what you know, its who you know. Maybe this isnt fair, but it is the way it is: Some docs view Veterans in a better light than others, and are more likely to state something like, "Veterans......illlness is at least as likely as not Service connected".......or maybe something like..."Veterans............conditions prevent him from being able to maintain and sustain ganifull employment".

This is the main way experienced workman comp, social security and VA disability lawyers work: They send their clients to the right doctors who know how to say the right things.

Experienced lawyers know these things...they often have their "physician network" that they refer their clients to.

I actually would like to see hadit expand to include lists of "Veteran friendly" docs..in many if not all cities. A big major law firm in my city even says they know which docs to send you to.

If you dont want to pay a lawyer, go to your local VA hospital..talk to the Vets. Ask em if their doc is Veteran friendly...

There is a Vet in my city who knows pretty much all the VA docs..he has been going there for 30 years...just ask him and he will tell you. I met him in a VA group counseling session.

"

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember, Jimme, you need to keep your claim, and or your appeal alive by meeting all the VA deadline dates ....

Happy Holidays,

Cmdr. Bob

P.S. ~ Love your hat, Berta ~.

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, and while I'm on the podium, here's another common misconception... it's actually common sense..... asbestos exposure does NOT cause COPD. It's amazingly strange how many older vets put in claims for "my asbestos exposure caused my emphysema"... wierd how no one ever mentions they smoked 3 packs a day for 50 years.... COPD is almost always caused by tobacco abuse, NOT asbestos exposure.... Even if you have some asbestos findings on your chest xray (called pleural plaques or calcifications), asbestos exposure does NOT cause COPD. Smokes do. So don't feel bad if you get denied.... it's common medical sense.

I guess it does not matter that most Vets picked up smoking while serving and getting free cigs or cheap ones with sanctioned smoke breaks.

Same thing goes for a lot who ended up as alcoholics or drug addicts for many it started in the Military.