VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Question

Rate this question

pelicanbrave

Question

I am 20% service connected for left knee laxity and 10% for Hypertention. 30% total. I filed for an increase in both conditions and had one C&P exam today for my knee. I had three knee surgeries while I was in the service and was medically discharged in 2000. Since then I have had a lot of problems with my knee and quadracep muscle. It is so tight that it burns and has numbness. My quad is also smaller on the leg that I had surgery on. I pointed this out to the doctor that did my C&P exam and he took measurements of both legs and agreed that it was smaller. Also 0 to 90 on knee flection with popping and clicking and giving out. Can someone tell me how this would be rated. Thanks!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You need to see the result of what the doctor wrote from the C&P

Hard to tell unless your conditioned became wrose than your last C&P

and the review of your medical records by the raters.

Until to soon to give any kind of reply back for it.

Same with me I seen the C&P for my PTSD

after reading it and figured out it looks that the doctor put me in the 70%

rating but my case it at rating now so soon I will have the results and know.

Good Luck.

Has the Dr ever brought up getting a total knee replacement? At first I was rated 10% when I was awarded SC on right knee. 1 year later I had surgery with the scope to scrape out the crap they thought was causing the problems. By the way, I had the same symptoms as you. Well anyway that didn't work, so I opted for the TKR (total Knee Replacement) about 6 months later and got increased to 30% maximum. So I guess what I'm saying is, since your already rated at 20% for your knee, your next step to get another increase would be a knee replacement for 30%. THEN, if the surgery isn't 100% successful, they would award 60%. Which is where I'm currently at. I hope this helps you somewhat.

Thank you both for responding.I did not put in for chronic pain but I plan on it soon. I have several claims in and hopefully they will service connect those. My lower back has been diagnosed with chronic pain and Spondylosis and I just had spinal fusion on my cervical spine almost a year ago. I also have major carpal tunnel which was diagnosed through the VA and I can show where I went to the clinic in the Army for each of the things I have now. I have been to the doctor 25 times in 11 years for my back problems and if they don't service connect them I will claim secondary to my knee condition. I have never filed a claim until this year but It's because I am broken down, in constant pain, and I don't know how much longer I can take it.I have a great city job that most people would die for but I just may not be able to do it soon and it really scares me to think about losing this job. Sorry to ramble!

• HadIt.com Elder

You should prepare yourself for being disabled. That means start saving for that situation. You may be unable to work and without funds for a while during this whole process. I hated losing my job as well and went five months without a check until things started to work for me. I lost 20 pounds just from worry alone. I would start getting treatment at the VA and complain your head off every chance you get.