VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Fourth Brown Envelope Came Just A Few Days Ago!

Rate this topic

maine1963

Thank You to everyone for the words! My goal now is to help as many veterans as I possibly can. I continue to learn new things (especially on this site!) and will continue to pass it along.

The DAV organization has it's ups and downs, across the country. But, I believe in my heart that they are there to help us veterans. I don't want to turn this posting into a sale's pitch, lol! I went from doing my own claim, screwing some things up too! To having a DAV National Service Officer pick me up off the floor and helping me "run" my claim to where it is today.

Stay on your claim! Don't let it get stale. I also contacted my Congresswoman and she helped out immensely in getting my claim put through the first time. You see your file receives a "Congressional Tag" and the VA hates these tags because it forces them to track down your file and give the congress person an update (usually happens within a few days! But you can also go to Veteran Services Organization and they will track your file down on the computer and put notes to the claims person that is working your file.

This is how it is done here in Maine at Togus VA anyways.

Good luck to all,

and again - Thank You!

Greg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use