VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Fourth Brown Envelope Came Just A Few Days Ago!

Rate this topic

maine1963

I initially started my claim in June 2006. In January of 2007 I received my first brown envelope with an approval rating at 70% (back injury and nerve damage). *This claim I did on my own and was surprisingly successful!

My second brown envelope came after I was helped by newly appointed advocate (DAV) for individual unemployability. It was granted with an increase to 80% payable at 100%... this came in June 2008.

My third brown envelope came after the DAV put in my claim for 100% Permanent and Total, along with a claim for Automobile Grant ($10,000). This was granted in August 2010.

My fourth brown envelope came after the DAV put me in for SAH (Specially Adaptive Housing Grant). This was approved Just 1 week ago.

I am so thankful for the job that my National Service Officer did for me. In fact I was so motivated that I went to school to become a Chapter Service Officer for our local Branch of the DAV. To date I have helped 9 Veteran's start their claim and get entered into the VA Medical System. I do understand that my success story is not common (time wise), and for this I am blessed and thank God each day!

This site provides much insight into the VA System and the course of action(s) us veteran's need to take in order to be sucessful with our claims. I wish I had this site back in 2006 when I started and completed my first claim.

Greg in Maine

*Togus Veteran Facility

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great work and I am glad you found a really good NSO.

Evidence is everything so I assume you sure had your ducks in row here and they were well armed- with Evidence!

"My fourth brown envelope came after the DAV put me in for SAH (Specially Adaptive Housing Grant). This was approved Just 1 week ago"

There has been scuttlebutt here that ROs are holding off on claims in order to get the AO claims done first.

Togus is one of the ROs who has a separate AO claims response division.

Obviously they didn't hold back your recent claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Maine, pat yourself ont he back as you are to be commended.

Good Veterans advocates are rare but I am happy you got a good one.

Enjoy your benefits and check out the other benefits available for P and T Veterans. There are several of them.

J

Congrats.

It's refreshing to read someone had a good vet rep.

It also really helped to get your IU granted that you were already

at least SC'd at 70%.

You posted,

"I initially started my claim in June 2006. In January of 2007 I received my first brown envelope

with an approval rating at 70% (back injury and nerve damage)."

When did you serve and when were you separated from service ?

I initially started my claim in June 2006. In January of 2007 I received my first brown envelope with an approval rating at 70% (back injury and nerve damage). *This claim I did on my own and was surprisingly successful!

My second brown envelope came after I was helped by newly appointed advocate (DAV) for individual unemployability. It was granted with an increase to 80% payable at 100%... this came in June 2008.

My third brown envelope came after the DAV put in my claim for 100% Permanent and Total, along with a claim for Automobile Grant ($10,000). This was granted in August 2010.

My fourth brown envelope came after the DAV put me in for SAH (Specially Adaptive Housing Grant). This was approved Just 1 week ago.

I am so thankful for the job that my National Service Officer did for me. In fact I was so motivated that I went to school to become a Chapter Service Officer for our local Branch of the DAV. To date I have helped 9 Veteran's start their claim and get entered into the VA Medical System. I do understand that my success story is not common (time wise), and for this I am blessed and thank God each day!

This site provides much insight into the VA System and the course of action(s) us veteran's need to take in order to be sucessful with our claims. I wish I had this site back in 2006 when I started and completed my first claim.

Greg in Maine

*Togus Veteran Facility

It's so refreshing to read your story. Congratulations on your success and your decision to give back by helping other vets in need.

Thank you for your service!

Edited by chr49

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use