Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Awarded

Rate this topic

Sandra Williams

Just received Brown envelop today awarded sc for death and DIC back to 2003. The claim was on appeal and is now being returned to the WS RO for disposition. Does anyone have an idea how long this process will take? The lady said that because of the amount of the award it would take several signatures to authorize. The claim has not been sent back yet. Does the 10-40 days apply to my case?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody can say for sure. Thats kind of like asking, "how long does it take to get to grandma's house"..when we dont know where grandma lives.

I have heard of some people get their retro check deposited, and then wonder where this money came from, only to get the VA decision letter later.

In other cases, they get their letter and it takes a long time to get the money.

I recommend checking your bank every day, or even twice a day, if you can do it online, especially if you have automatic deposit to your checking account.

Im sure it would be great to get it before Christmas, but if you mentally think before March 1, then you probably wont be disappointed. If you dont get it by Christmas, then look at the bright side....look how much money it will save you...lol

Just received Brown envelop today awarded sc for death and DIC back to 2003. The claim was on appeal and is now being returned to the WS RO for disposition. Does anyone have an idea how long this process will take? The lady said that because of the amount of the award it would take several signatures to authorize. The claim has not been sent back yet. Does the 10-40 days apply to my case?

Congratulation Sandra wishing you a very merry Christmas! No the day limit does not apply to you. The VA just needs to round up enough folks to sign the BIG check!!

I hope you have direct deposit because it seems to go quicker!

You are all right. I am to blessed too be stressed now. Merry Christmas and many more awards to come for you all. Thanks for your continued support throughout these 7 years. I can truly say that without this site and others like it I would not have had the knowledge, facts, or weapons to fight this battle as hard as I did. I believe that resilience and staying focus on the end goes a long way too.

Sandra this is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need 3 authorization signatures for anything over 25,000.It might not come until 2011 but at least you know it IS coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use