VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Training Manuals

Rate this question

scraperhand

Question

My claim for Raynauds disease secondary to discord Lupus erythematosus was turned down by the VA. The C&P doctor stated that in my opionion is that it is not secondary to DLE. Raynauds phenomenon may be associated with Lupus but it is not caused by it. IN the VA training manual it states,( In Raynaulds disease there is no underlying cause. This is the milder form, And it usually affects both hands and feet. In raynauds Phenomenon. Altjough the signs and symptoms are the same an underlying cause is known. one of the causes include LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS). I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. ( ANY SUGESTIONS).

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure I have any answers but do have a suggestion or four.

1. Read on this link about the difference between primary and secondary Raynaud's. Print out a copy if pertinent.

http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Raynauds_Phenomenon/default.asp

(I found this via the Medlineplus link with the two disabilities mentioned in the search)

Do other research about the two diseases and how they link.

2. Examine a copy of the C&P and...

- See what tests were done

- If any information was mentioned that the examiner used that led to the conclusion.

3. Examine your medical records

- How old are you

- Any symptoms similar to the ones shown for secondary (or primary)

- Any tests given to prove the difference

- medical opinions

4. If you find these proofs, then create a written report listing the reasons for why you refute the examiner's reasoning.

- list the disability

- list examiner's conclusion and why

- list your findings and quote if possible (include bibliography for any quote)

- include a printed copy of the medical analysis from the Internet showing symptoms, etc. (if it is helpful)

- List all your medical document proofs showing why you believe the examiner is wrong.

- Include medical opinion from a knowledgeable medical person concerning your specific person.

See my website for more detail on writing a report (see signature below). I think it might help.

Remember, if there is doubt, the opinion should go towards the veteran.

Also, check out the forum of Training & Fast Letters on this site. Maybe there is something there to help that you can include.

Anyway, that is all I can think for the moment. Not being VA or medical, that is the extent of my suggestions.

I wish you well.

fanaticbooks

Now I no why 40% of homeless people are Veterans, this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! For the VA to waste my time and theirs, What happened to the duty to assist letter? If it is in the VA Disabilty Claims Training Manual, that Raynaulds Disease is secondary to DLE, Why reject my claim that Raynaulds Disease isn't secondary to DLE. Can the C&P examiner change the rules that govern the rating system? What is the Training Manual for!!!!!!!!!!! BS.

• HadIt.com Elder

Obviously, you will need to file a Notice of Disagreement citing the training manual but don't lose sight of other issues in that Notice of Disagreement like effective date under 38 USC 5110, 38 CFR 3.400, treatment within the presumptive period of military service under 38 CFR 3.309, entitlement to benefits for dependents under 38 USC 5110 (f), eligiblity for service disabled veterans life insurance. Last I heard there was something like a 2 year window after a service connected veteran was given a 0% rating to apply for service disabled life insurance on the new condition. Also don't forget that you need to aubmit a dependents form (entitled something like Declaration of the status of dependents) along with certified copies of you marriage certificate and childrens' birth certificates within one year of award. [see 38 USC 5110 (f)].

Edited by deltaj

Obviously, you will need to file a Notice of Disagreement citing the training manual but don't lose sight of other issues in that Notice of Disagreement like effective date under 38 USC 5110, 38 CFR 3.400, treatment within the presumptive period of military service under 38 CFR 3.309, entitlement to benefits for dependents under 38 USC 5110 (f), eligiblity for service disabled veterans life insurance. Last I heard there was something like a 2 year window after a service connected veteran was given a 0% rating to apply for service disabled life insurance on the new condition. Also don't forget that you need to aubmit a dependents form (entitled something like Declaration of the status of dependents) along with certified copies of you marriage certificate and childrens' birth certificates within one year of award. [see 38 USC 5110 (f)].