VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nerve Damage

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I currently have a claim for bilateral nerve damage for my feet at the rating board. The VA failed to rated this last time around, left it out. I had a foot doctor at the VA say I have this-documented through many visits. I am rated a 0% for feet problems, and am wondering how this could possibly be linked together. A recent nerve conduction test revealed that I have nerve damage as well. Since this doctor stated there is only 3 ways you can get this-

1. diabetic

2. pre-diabetic'

3. Being an alcohlic

Can someone please help me on input on this issue. Also the doctor at the VA had me get a MRI for my neck as I have severe pain. This issue was rated at 0% years ago, and a recent claim denied a increase as medical issues that happened after military service(whip-lash injuries_ were not related to neck injuries during service. I have constant severe pain daily now. Therefore the doctor ordered the nerve conduction test and the MRI. Will these results help me on the nerve damage claim for the feet? Can you only get this for feet only? When i originally filed this claim-it was only me feet. Now it has spread to both legs and arms. And I am not diabetic! If they rated this, then I can file a new claim for secondary as it is not just the feet. Thank You!

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Cool,

I forgot to add that Peripheral Neuropathy can be in feet legs, arms and hands. I have both. The doctor is wrong about the only ways you can get it. It can be caused by Chemical Exposures. DMII is already on the presumptive list for Agent Orange. I do not have DMII ....at least not yet. The VA had me on Gabepentin (Neurontin) but it made me goofy and I started to have reactions from it so they took me off of it. The PN has also given me so much pain that I also filed an anxiety , depression claim and I am also on Ambian to try and get some form of sleep at night. I also have hydrotherapy everyday. I hope you can get your claim back on track and I still feel an outside doctor will not only be to your benefit but will propel your claim faster and with less chance of the VA having to stall you with their weak arguments.

You can research this site on some of the other subjects and find answers that have been stored in the data base. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say that unless the VA has evidence you are alcoholic or use illegal drugs never tell them you use or have ever used. If you tell them you have some beers on the weekend it can mutate into "vet drinks every weekend to excess and often falls down". I know that drinking and drug use are symptoms of PTSD, but once established never admit to drinking or taking drugs again. Many of these doctors believe that vets are drunks and drug abusers. You have to prove otherwise. Everytime you give blood or urine you are being tested for drugs and alcohol.

Hello Cool,

I forgot to add that Peripheral Neuropathy can be in feet legs, arms and hands. I have both. The doctor is wrong about the only ways you can get it. It can be caused by Chemical Exposures. DMII is already on the presumptive list for Agent Orange. I do not have DMII ....at least not yet. The VA had me on Gabepentin (Neurontin) but it made me goofy and I started to have reactions from it so they took me off of it. The PN has also given me so much pain that I also filed an anxiety , depression claim and I am also on Ambian to try and get some form of sleep at night. I also have hydrotherapy everyday. I hope you can get your claim back on track and I still feel an outside doctor will not only be to your benefit but will propel your claim faster and with less chance of the VA having to stall you with their weak arguments.

You can research this site on some of the other subjects and find answers that have been stored in the data base. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

They put me on gabepentin too. 1200 mg a day. Gee, I am on too many medications right now I was taken off as there was a disagreement on why I was diagnosed with that without a proper work-up.. i can't sleep until early am as I don't get home till 10:00 pm from work. I am hoping some day I can get my claim from 60% to 100% so I can stop working. First I have to get serviced connection for PN. Then I believe I can add a few other secondarys on.

For those that got service connected here for PN, was wondering what % can they possible give me and how hard will it be for them to rate me. What I saw so far was just 10%. And now it has spread to both legs, as well as the feet, and I get in both hands, and a burning stabbing pain in the back. I think because I have numerous issues with my neck (issued from the latest MRi), then could be causing this. ANd both shoulders Get the radiation from the pain. The LAST FEW MONTHS i AM not walking as fast, get tired very easily. I have an appointment at the VA to go over the results. I will give them my shopping list of all the ailments as each time you go to the VA they document this in the record-helpful for claims

. Bad enough I was in the ER a week ago for unrelated issue-severe stomach issues-coffee like coming out of the mouth-doctor said I was bleeding. All test came back normal. 3 days off work. And I got the scope test-normal. 1 week off work. Possibly these issues are causing that, or maybe wives cooking!

I would say that unless the VA has evidence you are alcoholic or use illegal drugs never tell them you use or have ever used. If you tell them you have some beers on the weekend it can mutate into "vet drinks every weekend to excess and often falls down". I know that drinking and drug use are symptoms of PTSD, but once established never admit to drinking or taking drugs again. Many of these doctors believe that vets are drunks and drug abusers. You have to prove otherwise. Every time you give blood or urine you are being tested for drugs and alcohol.

The results came back-completely abnormal. Also mentioned something about cardnal in right wrist also-trying to get them to mail the print out as the va doctor didn't know how too.

Also, I wonder once I get the complete copy of my nerve conduction test stating the test was abnormal-would you wait till the VA makes a decision on my claim with the rating board to see how they rate it before I send this in as missed medical info. Also the VA is going to set me up with a VA nerologist.