Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel White Envolpe

Rate this topic

oldman273

I got my white envolpe today on a NOD it said that I won my NOD and got an effective date of November 21 2005 for increased rating for DDD from 10% to 40% and 10% for radiologpathy on each leg. I checked my bank where the monthly checks are deposited and no deposit as of yet. I am happy to get the higher rating just as usual the VA lowballed my back. I figured I would get 60% with all the hell I have had. I am looking at the award letter but still waiting on two other issues both knees and left hip claim that goes back to 2003. That award if won will help me keep my house. Is the effective date and apyment start date the day the VA will go back to in retro pay? If that is the case i may be able to just sit back and wait on the other two claims. Adios and today is a brighter day thanks to Hadit members who posted their thoughts on claims advice... Now if the other claims will make it to me...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Keep checking your account.

YIPEE !

Thanks is the effective date the date they start the retro pay or is it the difference I was making at the time. I am sure now to go back and double check everything the VA claimed. I am happy now but will be really happy when the check hits my account. Thanks I would not have known to word my claims without everyones help. Thanks..

Congratulations on being able to keep your home!

I hope NO MORE Veterans ever again have to lose their home waiting on benefits!

Hey all I got up with my back early around 0500 and the eagle has landed or another phrase I hear often. I am now able to catch up on my house payment and my bills maybe the phone will stop ringing for a while. I also forgot to add I am now at 90% ratting wise. If I can get the ratting for my knees and for the arthritis in both of them as claimed I will be good to go. Again thanks to all who shared their thoughts on the different cases and claims and how to word the claims. Thanks again...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use