The Light At The End Of The Tunnel White Envolpe

Rate this topic

oldman273

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is WONDERFUL news!

"Thanks is the effective date the date they start the retro pay or is it the difference I was making at the time"

The Effective date is the date they start the retro but then they either total it up and subtract what you already got-or total up the difference.

Meaning if they gave a vet 30 % in a 2005 decision and the vet NOdded for higher rating-and then VA awards them 50% -

the award retro will be the difference between the 30 they got for that period of time and the 50% new rating for same period of time.

I hope that makes some sense. :blink:

This is where VA errors can occur -in retros.So it pays to check the retro math carefully and compare it with the historic rate chart figures at the VA web site.

But ENJOY a little of it first-you deserved this.

This is WONDERFUL news!

"Thanks is the effective date the date they start the retro pay or is it the difference I was making at the time"

The Effective date is the date they start the retro but then they either total it up and subtract what you already got-or total up the difference.

Meaning if they gave a vet 30 % in a 2005 decision and the vet NOdded for higher rating-and then VA awards them 50% -

the award retro will be the difference between the 30 they got for that period of time and the 50% new rating for same period of time.

I hope that makes some sense. :blink:

This is where VA errors can occur -in retros.So it pays to check the retro math carefully and compare it with the historic rate chart figures at the VA web site.

But ENJOY a little of it first-you deserved this.

Thanks I will go back and check today was whirlwind of paying bills and feeling better now that the heat is off me. I will try and see if I can get someone to get me up to the County veterans office to check my % for the date of retro pay. I did not have any more calls after I got caught up with the house payments. I am going to be on the lookout for the other claims. I have to get used to not ignoring the phone ringer other than the old telemarketers,,,,I am at 90% now amazing after 50% added to my 80% after the increased rattings for my back and nerve damage. I have some other questions will post them tommorow. Hope you have a good evening and thanks again...

• Founder

Yeah! Great news oldman273. Some much needed relief as you said you can got some breathing room as you wait for the next decisions.

Hey all I got up with my back early around 0500 and the eagle has landed or another phrase I hear often. I am now able to catch up on my house payment and my bills maybe the phone will stop ringing for a while. I also forgot to add I am now at 90% ratting wise. If I can get the ratting for my knees and for the arthritis in both of them as claimed I will be good to go. Again thanks to all who shared their thoughts on the different cases and claims and how to word the claims. Thanks again...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use