Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I called the 800# to get an update on my claim. When the conversation was over I hung up, shook my head and just laughed.

My claim has been at the raters since 1/20. No big deal. I understand the issues being faced and I'm not loooooosing my mind over the wait, just he conversation I just had.

The lady was real nice. She opened her screen and said my claim was for such and such and I said, yes. She went on to say they are also looking into my request for Chapter 35 benefits and P&T. I laughed and said "Mam, I didn't put in a claim for either of those and I don't have a clue what you are talking about". She just replied "Mr. H, all I can do is read what is on the screen pertaining to your claim. It says you put in for both of those items." They haven't even rated my claim yet so why are they saying they are looking into Chapter 35 and P&T?

What on earth is she talking about?

Edited by JHawks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

She went on to say they are also looking into my request for Chapter 35 benefits and P&T. I laughed and said "Mam, I didn't put in a claim for either of those and I don't have a clue what you are talking about". She just replied "Mr. H, all I can do is read what is on the screen pertaining to your claim. It says you put in for both of those items." They haven't even rated my claim yet so why are they saying they are looking into Chapter 35 and P&T?

What on earth is she talking about?

JHawks,

Well for one thing when you are 70% or higher SC'd I believe the VA

is to infer a claim for IU.

JHawks,

Well for one thing when you are 70% or higher SC'd I believe the VA

is to infer a claim for IU.

Carlie;

I just looked on Ebenefits and things changed.

Ebenefits was showing my claim in the "Decision Phase" for the following contentions:

severe bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome secondary to bilateral ankle condition and bilateral knee condition

Now it changed. It still is in Decision Phase but the "contentions" have changed to:

• right hand carpal tunnel syndrome
  • left hand carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Ch. 35 entitlement to DEA

Edited by JHawks

If you are working you won't get TDIU. They verify income with Social Security.

Pete,

I didn't put in for TDIU. I put in a claim for Bi=Lateral CTS secondary to SC conditions. The changes to the Ebenefits site were made while my current claim is at the raters.

Just a question. The cat is 70% rated, put in for bi lateral CTS. I don't know what his other ratings are for but wouldn't it seem a good chance of being approved for TDIU?

BrookH

Pete,

I didn't put in for TDIU. I put in a claim for Bi=Lateral CTS secondary to SC conditions. The changes to the Ebenefits site were made while my current claim is at the raters.