VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thr Newest Ptsd Diagnosis Rules- A Little Bi Confused!

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I need some clarification on the newest PTSD Diagnosis Rules. I sent in my PTSD claim with form 21-0781 and have all the stressors needed.

When I started going to my local VA mental health LCSW, I was told that the local va mental health lady could diagnose me. I am still under treatment. On Monday of this week I went to my VA PCP for my 6 month visit. He said that I needed a PTSD diagnosis. He also asked when I was going to ask to get my disability ratings increased. All he kept saying is" I am so sorry, I am so sorry-bad things seems to happen to good people".

Why would they schedule me for my PTSD C& P on March 8th, without the diagnosis they want and need? if I do not have a diagnosis from a psychiatrist, why have the appointment for a C&P? Is this not the cart before the horse?

The C& P is being done by a psychiatrist. Will they diagnose me during the exam? The mental lady @ the local VA said that my exam was about 3 hours long. We have a friend that is now working for the VA in the mental health department. She told us about it recently that THEY NOW JUST IMPLEMENTED NEW RULES. Has anyone heard of it? We go tomorrow to my neurology visit and will stop by and see. She is trying to get that info for us. I walked too much last week to be able to go to her office and check to see what she found out.

I hope I can take 'my girlfriend " in with me( this is my portable oxygen tank). I do not know what I will do if it runs out.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place-but it is sorta in claims and also in C&P.

Any imput will be greatfully appreciated.

Rockman

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Not much longer and all of this sweating will be over with.

Rockman

Rockman,

Don't count on the above as it will probably still be at least 3-9 months.

With your PH - that is already proof of a stressor.

JMHO

Rockman,

Don't count on the above as it will probably still be at least 3-9 months.

With your PH - that is already proof of a stressor.

JMHO

Would it be that long? I filed it on 10/07/10. It took until 01/31/11 for the VA to finally scan all of it in. I went thru Iris. Then I had to fax all of it to the RO in Nashville and also faxed everything again to the DAV in Nashville. They are next door and walked it over the first time. Nashville had it all along, but just did not put it in the system. After the IRIS inquiry, I did get a call from Nashville. I faxed it to him directly and he followed it up with phone calls. So this means that I will be waiting longer, because of their mistakes. I will say that after I got a call from Nashville, things went pretty fast and I am thankful for that. Thanks for being "painfully" honest. You may not like it, but it is what it is.

Rockman