VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Is My Decision Letter?

Rate this question

gunroc155

Question

I have received a letter from the dav dated the April 15th stating that they have reviewed a recent decision the va made on my appeal for service connection for PTSD. Service connection is granted with a rating of 70% assigned. Individual unemployment is deffered. It is now the April 22nd, still no letter from the va, and no money. I have lost everything...and I mean everything because of PTSD...house, land, marriage, right to see child unsupervised, drivers license, vehicle, 14 jobs since leaving the service in 2003. I have been kicked out of homeles shelters and have moved 6 times within the last year. I live with a friend right now. I NEED this money that I am supposed to get. I have little patience left and do not know what to do. My bank account is overdrawn and I cannot seem to get a job. I have two questions....1) WHAT IS TAKING SO DAMN LONG, 2) What does individual unemployability deferred mean? I mean, from what I understand I am service connected, how much longer is this garbage going to drag on? I am so furious right now I can hardly stand it. I am trying too look towards the future, but it seems like things just cant work out. Is there anyone I can call or talk too to find out what is going on? I try to get in touch with the people at the dav who are representing me, but to no avail. I understand they have alot of work....but I don't get a vacation, break, day off...nothing from PTSD. It is all I do, live with i. tPLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

P.S. Appeal is to be backdated to february of 2009, if that matters.

Gunroc155

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have received a letter from the dav dated the April 15th stating that they have reviewed a recent decision the va made on my appeal for service connection for PTSD. Service connection is granted with a rating of 70% assigned. Individual unemployment is deffered. It is now the April 22nd, still no letter from the va, and no money. I have lost everything...and I mean everything because of PTSD...house, land, marriage, right to see child unsupervised, drivers license, vehicle, 14 jobs since leaving the service in 2003. I have been kicked out of homeles shelters and have moved 6 times within the last year. I live with a friend right now. I NEED this money that I am supposed to get. I have little patience left and do not know what to do. My bank account is overdrawn and I cannot seem to get a job. I have two questions....1) WHAT IS TAKING SO DAMN LONG, 2) What does individual unemployability deferred mean? I mean, from what I understand I am service connected, how much longer is this garbage going to drag on? I am so furious right now I can hardly stand it. I am trying too look towards the future, but it seems like things just cant work out. Is there anyone I can call or talk too to find out what is going on? I try to get in touch with the people at the dav who are representing me, but to no avail. I understand they have alot of work....but I don't get a vacation, break, day off...nothing from PTSD. It is all I do, live with i. tPLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

P.S. Appeal is to be backdated to february of 2009, if that matters.

Gunroc155

Dont you mean March 15th.

Go here to ask your question to the VA,

https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwMDg0Njc4Mi9zaWQvZTZBTXBDcGs%3D

J

sound like dro granted your claim if so you will be all right in about 30 day .

you should even see the increase in your check on the first or the check will start on the first.

now if bva granted this and amc/ro handle the claim no telling.

Two days after that post, on my mother's 56th birthday, I got my back pay followed by the decision letter a week and a half later. Thanks alot for the advice and insight. I've had a lot going on since then, getting caught up on bills and debts. Yeah, I did mean March 15th instead of April and yes I am now getting paid at the 80% level. I got a claim opened up for i.u., so we'll see how that goes. It's been a long, painful, humbling experience. Thanks again.