• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Hires/fires/oversees C&p Examiners

Rate this question

fanaticbooks

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is just pure curiosity....

I have read in here about a lot of incompetent C&P examiners. One of my hubby's was also not exactly on the mark (which I mentioned in his NOD info).

How are these people hired, evaluated for the position, and investigated/overseen on the job proficiency?

Do the raters inform anyone when multiple C&Ps come in that are badly done by that person?

Who does someone complain to about an examiner to try to change that incompetence.

As I said, I am just curious about this. Don't know if there is an answer, but thought I would ask. :)

fanaticbooks

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A standard complaint form would help to identify bad examiners.

One of my C&P examiners in the mid to late 1990's had a big hoagie sandwich on his desk. The exam was abbreviated and I felt rushed. After I received a copy of my C-file last year, I discovered he did not even fill out half of the C&P exam report. This made me very happy that I appealed to the BVA and they requested all exams be peformed again. By the way, I didn't mention the hoagie in my appeal, but now I think back and wish I did.

Like Hoppy, I also have had recent exams performed by department heads. I thought the VA considered this a conflict of interest between the VBA and the VHA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have little or no faith in a broken down C&P program that relies on old has been Doc's who feel that they are being paid to find reasons to deny to keep their bosses happy. Doc's who do not keep up professionaly nor feel that their fee justifies a through review of medical files.

The whole system is still stacked against Veterans and instead of the VA helping Veterans they hurt us at every turn. The whole system is built on the cheap and taking short cuts.

If you want to know the truth its a shame that Hadit is even here cause the VA should be helping Veterans get their earned benefits and it should take no longer than Social Security does.

It took me 5 and 1/2 years and pretty much hell where once again my family suffered as did I for something that was crystal clear to anyone who would take the time to study my claim.

I resent how the VA treats Veterans although now I admit that they are much nicer to me and I feel that my VAMC is trying.

I know that this is weird but when I go to the VA all the older Vets are wearing glasses and when I go to my Doc's the older patients have has cataract surgery and no glasses.

Sorry for the rant

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you all.

Your comments are what I mean by INPUT! It sounds as if it is feasible.

I will do a little puttering with it and then post a new topic with what I do. Then let EVERYONE kibitz it.

Maybe we can change a little of the VA.

AND THEN THE WORLD! yahhh ha ha ha

:)

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

You are right, the system needs a massive overhaul. Not just a complaint system. Many years ago I posted my comparisons between workmans comp and the VA. No workmans comp attorney in his right mind would allow a case to go to court with medical reports compiled by the employer or by doctor chosen at random. The workmans comp lawyers use reports from doctors who they are confident will represent the injured worker. The VA made a determination years ago that the doctors would be objective. Unfortunately, the VA was wrong. Doctors, especially mental health practioners have been taking liberties by imposing speculative theories about the veterans diagnoses. I have way to many examples to go into detail. I have spent 15 years on hadit explaining to veterans how to get the proper DSM diagnoses.

The VA needs to provide an open and easliy accesible system that allows the veterans to choose doctors from a pool that are rated by veterans advocate groups and veterans. The VA controls all aspects of chosing and monitioring examiners. It is time to allow the veterans representatives some power to rate or choose doctors. This current system has continued to allow bogus examiners into the system for over 50 years.

COPY AND PASTE OR OTHERWISE WRITE MY POSITION INTO ANY LETTERS YOU WRITE TO ANY OTHER INTERESTED PARTY TO VETERANS CLAIMS.

Edited by Hoppy

I could write a book on my last C&P exam, but I will not today :rolleyes: . I do have another C&P exam for Parkinsons coming up, and I'm a little leary in that the person who will go the exam will be a PA, NP or if I'm lucky and actual doctor. I'm already on heavy meds for Parkinsons from a Neurologists. My Doctor has been practicing for over 30 years, now what happens if the C&P examiner rules that I do not have Parkinsons? Who carries more weight?

Papa

I could write a book on my last C&P exam, but I will not today :rolleyes: . I do have another C&P exam for Parkinsons coming up, and I'm a little leary in that the person who will go the exam will be a PA, NP or if I'm lucky and actual doctor. I'm already on heavy meds for Parkinsons from a Neurologists. My Doctor has been practicing for over 30 years, now what happens if the C&P examiner rules that I do not have Parkinsons? Who carries more weight?

Papa

What ever you do don't tell him/her that you don't pay your own bills, They will put you incompetent and that is a headache.