Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

tom91

Question

Advised today that my claim moved from rating/decision phase back to informational phase. Told that is normally done for administrative purposes and that my claim will be placed back in order of claims it was when moved to info phase. Any ideas what this could mean as I've been told numerous times that everything was in order. I did check myself into va mental health for a week during the timeframe my claim was sitting in rating phase. Could it be that they recognized that and is adding it to my claim records?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is interesting!I have a designated amount taken out of my monthly disabilty for payment towards my medical bill w/va. Just saw my direct deposit and net amt wasn't taken out. If my claim were to be approved, my % would raise me to where I would have no copays and since it dates back 2 years, they would actually owe me a refund. Could this mean my claim is in the midst of approval? Called toll free last to inquire on status and what was lacking for it to go back to dev phase, was told that rating board found internal error on their part and sent back for correction. Could that be where it may have gone back to determine amount to adjust my bill and maybe my claim is inmidst of finalizing which is why the net amt wasn't taken?

• Founder

It is very difficult to read the tea leaves and figure out when your claim will get approved. I have a claim myself applied Jul last year, c and p in Dec and it's been ready for a decision since Jan 18, but nothing since then I am guessing it is under a pile of claims that need to be decided and I am somewhere in the pile. But who knows, certainly not me. The waiting and trying to figure out what they are doing and why it's taking so long can drive a person right back to the cracker box.

The co-payment reimbursement has always been done through your local VAMC, now that may have changed but generally once you receive your award letter you should be able to go to patient affairs (I think) and they will process the reimbursement.

This is interesting!I have a designated amount taken out of my monthly disabilty for payment towards my medical bill w/va. Just saw my direct deposit and net amt wasn't taken out. If my claim were to be approved, my % would raise me to where I would have no copays and since it dates back 2 years, they would actually owe me a refund. Could this mean my claim is in the midst of approval? Called toll free last to inquire on status and what was lacking for it to go back to dev phase, was told that rating board found internal error on their part and sent back for correction. Could that be where it may have gone back to determine amount to adjust my bill and maybe my claim is inmidst of finalizing which is why the net amt wasn't taken?

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.