Anyone Ever Req A Diff Varo?

Rate this question

autumn

Question

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I want to move so damned bad, I am not happy here in my home of So, California. the nuts destroyed the place. I like the doctors at San Diego,, but they are overcrowded. I am just so sick and need to live ina peaceful place. I need peace. I want to be happy, or just feel better for my last few years. I worry about if I move, that I may not receive the great care I get here. The VA hospital knows me. Mostly because I lived in their for 6 months ina bed. But It is like extended family. if i move to another city/state, etc... I hope they give the care I need. The overcrwding and worn out hospital rooms in San Diego are hard on inpatients who need constant care for the bad diseases, the worst of the worst. 4 to a room is really bad... and I expect to be admitted several times for long periods of time due to the nature of my very bad health. So, wherever I do move to I hope to choose a hospital that is not as overcrowed as San Diego. Now, I just need to win my appeals so I can move and actually live in peace, the stress, high cost of living and a state that is totally out of control is making my last few years miserable..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

Retired

You might want to consider moving to Grand Junction, Colorado. I am familiar with the VAMC there, and it is not too overcrowded, as it is a rather small town to have a VAMC. I have met a few of the people who work there.

Grand Junction has a rather mild climate for Colorado. It does snow there, but usually only once in a year. It does get rather hot, tho, but it is a dry heat that is bearable.

Nearby, it is very beautiful. Grand Mesa, the worlds largest flat top mountain with 200 lakes is only about 40 minutes away. Grand Mesa is also home to the Powderhorn Ski area.

I would retire there myself, but, for family reasons can not.

Denver VARO, while not exceptional, is at least not "in the bottom 10 or so RO's". The bottom feeders of RO's would include St. Pete, Cleveland, NY, and places like Indy, and Waco are often mentioned in worst RO's.

The midwest states pretty much have the worst Regional Offices. New Mexico has a very high percentage of claims approval, as does Maine. California Florida, and Texas warm climate attracts Veteran retireees and are often overcrowded. Northern States are not so crowded..Montana, the Dakotas, etc.

ya, ret, I bailed Cali in '78 and don't even like visiting now.

Portland, Oregon has a nice VA (although parking up on The Hill can be a beast) but they've also opened clinics in the burbs.

Hillsboro, Oregon and area is like Little California to me as far as stores and transplants.

Weather is mild and people are chill.

Hope you do something to enjoy your years! :smile:

I want to move so damned bad, I am not happy here in my home of So, California. the nuts destroyed the place. I like the doctors at San Diego,, but they are overcrowded. I am just so sick and need to live ina peaceful place. I need peace. I want to be happy, or just feel better for my last few years. I worry about if I move, that I may not receive the great care I get here. The VA hospital knows me. Mostly because I lived in their for 6 months ina bed. But It is like extended family. if i move to another city/state, etc... I hope they give the care I need. The overcrwding and worn out hospital rooms in San Diego are hard on inpatients who need constant care for the bad diseases, the worst of the worst. 4 to a room is really bad... and I expect to be admitted several times for long periods of time due to the nature of my very bad health. So, wherever I do move to I hope to choose a hospital that is not as overcrowed as San Diego. Now, I just need to win my appeals so I can move and actually live in peace, the stress, high cost of living and a state that is totally out of control is making my last few years miserable..

i can empathize buddy, i truly can.

i was happy to get out of california for the same reasons you mention. though this varo here is, well, i think worse than most, imho. i too liked the san diego hospital i visited a few times though it was sooo crowded and busy and the traffic reminded me of many reasons why i left california. years ago long beach had 4 to a room also. not something i would want to repeat.

i do wish your appeals to win soon, so you can grab some peace and beauty where ever you go

ya, ret, I bailed Cali in '78 and don't even like visiting now.

Portland, Oregon has a nice VA (although parking up on The Hill can be a beast) but they've also opened clinics in the burbs.

Hillsboro, Oregon and area is like Little California to me as far as stores and transplants.

Weather is mild and people are chill.

Hope you do something to enjoy your years! :smile:

mild weather and chilled folks, hmmm, not bad for ms people. do you like grants pass & that area?

in your opinion, you prefer oregon or washington in regards to va and general living?

Retired

You might want to consider moving to Grand Junction, Colorado. I am familiar with the VAMC there, and it is not too overcrowded, as it is a rather small town to have a VAMC. I have met a few of the people who work there.

Grand Junction has a rather mild climate for Colorado. It does snow there, but usually only once in a year. It does get rather hot, tho, but it is a dry heat that is bearable.

Nearby, it is very beautiful. Grand Mesa, the worlds largest flat top mountain with 200 lakes is only about 40 minutes away. Grand Mesa is also home to the Powderhorn Ski area.

I would retire there myself, but, for family reasons can not.

Denver VARO, while not exceptional, is at least not "in the bottom 10 or so RO's". The bottom feeders of RO's would include St. Pete, Cleveland, NY, and places like Indy, and Waco are often mentioned in worst RO's.

The midwest states pretty much have the worst Regional Offices. New Mexico has a very high percentage of claims approval, as does Maine. California Florida, and Texas warm climate attracts Veteran retireees and are often overcrowded. Northern States are not so crowded..Montana, the Dakotas, etc.

is there a list of best/worst VA/RO's ?

CO has a large population of ms folks too and a few top ms research places (civilian of course).