Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hate To Ask But I Am Going To

Rate this question

DiEsMiTtY

Question

I am ten percent SC for anxiety disorder. When I was rated I was on 50mg of pill A, and say a therapist weekly. Now I see the shrink every 3 months and they increased my meds of pill A to 200mg. They tried adding another pill B, but this increased violent behavior and dark thoughts. The removed pill B from my regimen. My next appointment the shrink is considering adding pill C with pill A which is at the maxium FDA dosage. I hate asking this cause it seems like I just want more money, but is 10 percent and accurate reflection on my condtion? I was reading a chart for PTSD and I felt that I fit in the 30% percent catagorey, or maybe thats something like the plseubo effect. I really dont want these beatniks to keep pulling the wool over my eyes. They virtually destroyed my GI bill, rated me at an incorrect rating and an earlier over payment put me in the hole. I have two waivers pending, one of which is from over a year ago.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A 10% rating is a very small rating considering you are taking meds for the condition. I don't know if you deserve more or not but you will never know unless you ask.

• HadIt.com Elder

10% for a anxiety disorder means you get nervous every once in a while. Almost nobody has a 10% nervous condition. If you are taking meds for it then it should be more than 10%. Just from your description of med trials you probably ought to aim at 30-50%. You need IMO to help you I think when you file for increase.

Diesmitty, i would go ahead and put in for an increase. We see lots of claims for increases in PTSD at the RO becuz it is a chronic condition that can become worse, esp. if you don't have the right combo of meds. If your symptoms now include impaired short or long term memory, sleep impairment, depression/anxiety/panic attack at least 1x.wk, trouble with concentration/attention and any kind of obsesssive/ritualistic behavior or paranoia, that's going to bump you to 30 (maybe 50 depending on how many & frequency). Also, claims for increases are easier than new claims so they are usually snapped up quicker, esp. if there aren't a bunch of other issues attached to it. Good luck!

I am going to File for an increase once they get around to deciding on my appeal for hearing loss. I clearly detail all my side effects to the shrink, I keep a written record of panic attacks, side effects and so on. That way when they ask me those vague questions I can say this is what happend when where. I think I have been lucky so far, only my sleep cycle has been affected, and my thought process seems to be alittle slower. The other med I was on was like constantly being in a fog, and then boom full on agressiveness. THanks for the replys