VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success-My Ptsd Claim Has Been Approved!

Rate this topic

On 04/06/11, I received notification from VA that my claim was approved on 04/05/11. On 04/08/11, the retro was in my bank account.. They awarded me 30% going back to 09/30/10. This bumped me up to 80%, which totally surprised the heck out of me!

So far, this claims process has been tough on me, but I do consider myself extremely lucky and blessed that it has progressed at the speed that it has.

On 06/08/10, I got my 10% re-instated for my scar-lower back and for the shrapnel still there.

On 08/05/10, I got 10% retro for IHD from to 02/22/10 to 08/05/10.

On 08/05/10, I was upped to 60% for my IHD with new and current tests that were sent in.

On 04/05/10, I was awarded 30% for the PTSD.

I am in the process of burning my PTO hours before I leave my job. My VA pulmonologist has already signed by FMLA form for me to begin the process of leaving my job. I am only working 1 or 2 days a week and all of my responsibilities have been turned over to someone else. This keeps the stress off of me. With my PTSD, I am having a very difficult time with dealing with the job.

Thank you all for your help and the information that I have gotten thru this site. I could not have gotten this far without you!!!

Have a very blessed day!!

Rockman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great and wonderful news Rockman. I love reading post like yours, and hope to read many many more from other vets.

Papa

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use