Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P/t Tdiu

Rate this question

texal1

Question

I WAS RATED TEMP. 100% FOR PROSTATE CANCER. COMPLETED TREATMENT, AFTER A YEAR, I WAS ADJUSTED TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS. TOTAL COMBINED RATING OF 80%. FILED FOR TDIU AND APPROVED WITH P/T.

MY QUESTION IS " AM I ELIGIBILE FOR SERVICE-DISABLED VETERAN INSURANCE BECAUSE OF THE TDIU" ?

I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR ANY LIFE INSURANCE IN THE PAST. ALL MY "NEW" CLAIMS ARE PAST THE 2 YEAR TIME LIMIT, EXCEPT FOR THIS TDIU RATING ON 22 NOV. 2010.

ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yup, you should be eligible. I was just granted TDIU this past Friday and today (Monday), I received letter and pamphlet about buying more (S-DVI)Service-Disabled Life Insurance (also referred to as "RH" insurance). You have 2-years from the date VA grants your new service connected disability. You can call the VA Insurance Center Philadelphia if you do not hear anything or quesstions at: 1-800-669-8477.

See correction:

***My thanks to those who clarified what I posted above. I did receive new additional service connection which is what qualified me to apply for additional SDVI (RH) insurance. The TDIU granted at the same time- did not qualify me, the additional condition granted, did. Thanks!

Edited by vmo

I WAS RATED TEMP. 100% FOR PROSTATE CANCER. COMPLETED TREATMENT, AFTER A YEAR, I WAS ADJUSTED TO 60% FOR RESIDUALS. TOTAL COMBINED RATING OF 80%. FILED FOR TDIU AND APPROVED WITH P/T.

MY QUESTION IS " AM I ELIGIBILE FOR SERVICE-DISABLED VETERAN INSURANCE BECAUSE OF THE TDIU" ?

I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR ANY LIFE INSURANCE IN THE PAST.

ALL MY "NEW" CLAIMS ARE PAST THE 2 YEAR TIME LIMIT, EXCEPT FOR THIS TDIU RATING ON 22 NOV. 2010.

ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

texal1,

The application must be made within 2 years of a newly SC'd disabling condition.

An increase in percentage or being granted TDIU does NOT count.

It absolutely must be within 2 years of a newly SC'd condition - even if it is

something granted SC at zero percent.

TEXAL1..........

The application for S-DVI insurance must be made within 2 Years form the date that an SC disibility is awarded. Also, you must be in good health except for your SC disibilities. It does not include TDIU or increases in existing disibilities. Hope this helps.

Good Luck