Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

lol I'm still nesting. We went to her parents and gave them the good news.

They think we should use their friend's Ford discount.

Not sure how much it is but I think a new car would just cause more anxiety for me.

I think Ford offers discounts for disabled vets.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG i did the same thing!!!! you totally crack me up! once again...drinking coffee while reading is not a good idea....i choked - it went through my nose and all over my computer i was laughing so hard. what's even funnier is after I sent you that - I went and put up half our x mas decorations( at my kids request) and did my carpets over too! Stop sending me your ESP waves hahaha! so i was looking on line for you during my bout of insomnia and redecorating and here are are a couple pretty good articals if you don't go the ford way just for the discount.....i have a used dodge caliber 2009 that gets me from point a to point b and (knock on wood) i haven't had a prob with it. it was afordable and the payments were good and my credit isn't - well sparkling - ok...it's pitiful - but point being - there are options out there.

http://blog.iseecars.com/2011/01/15/best-affordable-cars/

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/worst-car-flops-of-2011.html

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/report--which-cars-cost-least-to-repair-.html

To late lol. I cleaned his carpet again, rewashed all his baby cloths, rewashed his blankets, and sat in his room looking over everything. I put up a little window x-mas tree with lights in his window. I hope he isn't scared of it. I hope he doesn't mind the scent of Resolve carpet cleaner. I high wash the carpet a few more times with just hot water to remove the resolve smell.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

A warning to the wise on shopping for one of these new or used cars. Check to make sure it comes with a new spare tire as most of Hyundai Elantra do not come with one-only possibly a kit. Working for roadside too many folks don't check to see if there car comes with one-just assumes. And when they call me stranded on the hwy without a spare they have to be towed. It gets very ugly.

I know this is a little off track, however has it has too do with cars-be careful when shopping and make sure you get what you pay for. Car companies are being very cheap now a days and quite a few new cars no longer come with the expected spare tire. CB

holy crap! i never thought about that! thanks CB! i just ran out to my car to check! woooh - there was a spare in there!....and it had air! that would be me too....sitting on the side of the road mad as hell and foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog for my stupidity!

A warning to the wise on shopping for one of these new or used cars. Check to make sure it comes with a new spare tire as most of Hyundai Elantra do not come with one-only possibly a kit. Working for roadside too many folks don't check to see if there car comes with one-just assumes. And when they call me stranded on the hwy without a spare they have to be towed. It gets very ugly.

I know this is a little off track, however has it has too do with cars-be careful when shopping and make sure you get what you pay for. Car companies are being very cheap now a days and quite a few new cars no longer come with the expected spare tire. CB

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Thanks cool breeze. I don't think I could handle being broken down helpless.

thanks for the links USMC. 2009 caliber, they are really good cars. We drive a 95 buick regal right now lol. I love the 3600 engine in it. They never break with good upkeep. I'd love to have a truck like my father in law. A ford 2500 extended cab with v8 turbo cummins engine. Little to big for us though. Crappy gas mileage....

IDK the car choices is vast and I hate making big decisions lol.

So I am confused. I just check my banking account and the retro pay has hit. 16,890.00. I was already getting 30% for asthma and retro pay for 70% ptsd from July of last year. So wouldn't it be 70%(1,333) * 16months = 21,xxx.00??