VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Know Anything About Ao At Ft Mcclellen?

Rate this question

Question

Hi, all

Trying to find out any information regarding the storage of Agent Orange at Fort McClellen and the possible link to numerous health issues that WACs experienced because of it (miscarriages, etc.)

Thanks,

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd try starting at http://www.mcclellan...environment.asp

However, some of the links from there are not working, and others are slow to load.

As I recall, Anniston and McClellan had all kinds of contamination beyond your question about A.O.

Many of the typical HAZMATS found on military bases can have serious medical repercussions.

Even worse are some HAZMAT combinations, in terms of medical problems and lack of knowledge concerning the effects.

I live in the vicinity (across town) from a large USAFB in Georgia.

Contamination from various petrochemicals, fuels, solvents, lead, and who knows what else is in the soil and ground

water near the plant. The AFB's ground water tends to migrate east, and ends up in or under a swamp.

Edited by Chuck75

Agent Orange was sprayed at Ft Gordon, GA in 1967 by helicopters and sprayed by game warden James Cripps until March 1969. Cripps never served in Vietnam, but was service connected for chloracne, type II diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease.

WildBill was stationed at Ft Gordon before going to Vietnam in Oct '67 and again May '69 - Oct '69. I was a sweet young thing still in high school. I would go out to Ft Gordon and watch them march and drill and wait for him to get free. It gets HOT in Georgia. I don't know if it has anything to do it or not, but I have often wondered if that is where my health problems started. I was diagnosed with MS. My problems started shortly after. I have no family history of MS.

Trying to find out any information regarding the storage of Agent Orange at Fort McClellen and the possible link to numerous health issues that WACs experienced because of it (miscarriages, etc.)

top,

Do a Google search on Sue Frasier - she's about the main person working on this issue.

That's where you'll find all the info.

And this veteran is also working on the Fort McClelland AO issue:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/03/14/agent-orange-and-the-fort-mcclellan-connection/

top,

Do a Google search on Sue Frasier - she's about the main person working on this issue.

That's where you'll find all the info.

Sue is working on the side of PCB's only on Ft McClellan. Look for her on Vetsforjustice.com