Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cervical And Thoracic Issues....

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I have had the privileged of writing on this board for a few months. I know you all have seen myself trying to link the dots as to why I was feeling the things I was feeling. I think my biggest scare was the shortness of breath and chest pains. But I knew deep down inside of me that it wasn't any heart issues. But as time progressed my mind kept telling me otherwise that is the fella named Anxiety who will lie to your face and get away with it. But, you body believes the lie he tells you and you end up having to fight off an attack. Funny but true.

About 3 weeks ago it was found that my gallbladder was going bad and it was taken out. After 3 weeks I feel 50% better. I actually was feeling really good one week after the surgery. Blood pressure back to normal averaging 122/80. Then last Sunday I awoke with the worst ever pain I have ever had in both my arms. I had this pain all day long, I didn't freak out because I knew what was happening. Sunday night my wife tried to give me a massage on each arm but I told her it wouldn't do no good. After taking my medications it seemed to go away around 3:00am whenever I fell asleep. Well after 3 wonderful hours of sleep I awoke with a huge migraine but went to work anyway. After Monday I felt really great, Tuesday and Wednesday were awesome, no pain, nothing to complain. Thursday rolls around and I felt good all day up to around 3:30pm. At that time I was on my home from work to pick up my kids and I had what I can describe to you all as an electrical current go through my chest. Immediately, that fellas Anxiety kicked and and told my brain that lie. I looked in the mirror and my face was pink red. I went through the chest pains Thursday evening, Friday and today (Saturday). I did check my blood pressure Friday at work and it was 118/85 while I had the chest pains. I finally had a enough about 30 minutes ago and gave in to have my wife give me a ice massage on my cervical and thoracic spine. I have Styrofoam cups filled with water frozen in the freezer. You should try it it works great, just peel off the bottom of the cup and edges. Little trick I learned from nurse in the Army. Anyway, I feel great once again and the pain is gone. Where exactly is this pain coming from is a guess to me because my while rubbed my cervical and thoracic spine areas. When in doubt get that ice massage because it will make a huge difference. To be honest this is very depressing for me to go through this and I know one day it will be fixed, hopefully. On June 1,2011 I get to have my Truscan MRI done on my cervical but I am calling my Orthopedic Surgeon Monday to request my Thoracic Spine be added to the scan because of the chest pain. I have read all over the internet that cervical herniation will cause chest pains and mimic a heart attack. I just read the best article written by 3 doctors. I know my neck is in bad shape and I think I finally have control over the Anxiety. Yes I have Anxiety but I can control it. My will power is more stronger that its power.

As I write this one person comes to mind and it is somebody whom I have become a hadit friend with and hopefully will one day go bass fishing with and he is JBasser.

Listen to these folks because they know what they are talking about because they have been there.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet