Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now It's My Turn

Rate this topic

Kim82

If you can't work due to the PTSD your best bet is to get an IMO for the PTSD and don't file all these 10% claims. Concentrate on the claim that is your major disability which seems to be PTSD. The picture to look at is your employment. If PTSD is going to make working impossible, or keep you in dead end jobs for the rest of your life then you should look at how you can get it raised to 70%. You will never get to 100% with a bunch of 10% claims.

Well I never really thought about trying to get 100% I figured it was a good idea to claim all of the things that are wrong with me since Iraq. That way everything was SC. I will have to sit down and talk to my OIF Phsychiatrist and see what she thinks. I know that my PTSD makes it very hard for me to work with the general public I don't have a filter anymore so I pretty much just say what comes to my mind so it usually ends up bad when I have an annoying customer ask me stupid questions. I am lucky that they have not fired me yet. My boss knows of my issues and I think that is why they work with me but still I would like to do something that does not have me dealing with the public something in a back office or something would be fine im sure. Just not sure how much longer I can continue to do the job I do now. Thank you for the input though I am new to all of this stuff so of course you guys would have a better idea of how to go about things. So thanks.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked this morning and they sent out my retro check via the mail so it should be here by Wednesday, they said they didn't have my bank info but that is bs because I had it in there with my claim so I don't know, I also had to fill out the paperwork for my husband and kids since they only added one of my children on as my Dependant so yeah will see how long that takes to add on. Either way I am happy that this chapter is finally closed and I don't have to fight with the VA anymore. Now I just worry about taking care of myself and my family and hope that everything turns out alright in the end.

Either way I am happy that this chapter is finally closed and I don't have to fight with the VA anymore.

Kim,

It's never over until you reach 20 continuous years of a rating, to have protection.

Never get rid of any VA paperwork - keep it in a safest place you can.

They will re-evaluate you as often as they are allowed - never miss a scheduled re-exam or C&P exam.

Also, always keep them apprised of your correct address.

Keep an eye on your mail in case they ever send you a proposal to reduce.

Always answer the VA in a timely manner and get proof you did so.

JMHO

Kim,

It's never over until you reach 20 continuous years of a rating, to have protection.

Never get rid of any VA paperwork - keep it in a safest place you can.

They will re-evaluate you as often as they are allowed - never miss a scheduled re-exam or C&P exam.

Also, always keep them apprised of your correct address.

Keep an eye on your mail in case they ever send you a proposal to reduce.

Always answer the VA in a timely manner and get proof you did so.

JMHO

Carlie thank you for your advice, I know I still have a ways to go to get everything listed as being perm but for now I am done fighting until something changes that is. I am just glad I don't have to keep checking ebenefits to see if they decided my claim or keep checking my bank account for the money. It's been one heck of a year that is for sure, and I know there are a lot of people on this site that have been waiting many years longer than I have.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use