Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

One Number For Life?

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

I've been meaning to ask and keep forgeting too.(is that SC?)lol When I got out of the service in 72, I had filed paperwork out on my bad knees. When they sent me a date for a C&P exam it had a claim number on it. My boss was a jerk and would not let me take the time off to go to physical. He said I was already gone to long before so no more time off. Anyway, when I filed my claim last summer, I realized that the same number was on the new claim. I didn't put down my knees when I did the new paperwork. Do they just assign you a number and all your claims go under that same number? Or did they never close my original claim?I never rescheduled an appointment and I don't remember them ever sending me anything that said claim was closed. That would be some back pay if they never closed the claim. It would only be about 10% on each knee, but back pay for 39 years would be a nice retirement package.lol Can everyone give me a Charlie Sheen "WINNING"!! I would guess that one would get a new number for each new claim. OK, who's gonna be first to burst my bubble and say one number for life!! What ever the answer is, I won't be sleeping tonite.I'll be spending the money that I'll never see.But I'll be rich for a few hours!! lol Mike

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The employees know how to work the system in their favor.

The employes that are retained, just follow orders, or what is suggested for them to do.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Well I called NPRC again today and I swear they are working with the VA against me.Ordered records back on 03/31 and they first quoted 10 days. Then the game begins.Now what I want is only probably no more than 1 sheet long. One visit for one hour, should not be too big. They say they are working on it and they should be sending it out around 6/30. That sounds like the time period that the 800# people think that my RO will work on my claim again.lol They told me the other day that it hadn't been looked at since March. NPRC have now given me 4 different dates I should have them.Well when they reopen the file next time they are going to find a couple more items to work on.lol

My first letter and initial claim was a chop job and it shows.lol I am attaching a rough draft of my additions to this post. Can you experienced folks take a peek and let me know if I'm sorta in the ball park this time. My first time was sorta of a narative minus the "Once upon a time" part. Maybe I can win another "HOPPY" award!! lol I must be a cartoon character because Hoppys drawing of me is my fifth one in my collection.I have worked with alot of creative people with artistic talent.If you want stick drawings, I'm your person.Mike

VA525letter.txt

Geez, it's no wonder so many Vets bite the bullet anymore.Dealing with the Government employees is driving me up the walls.In order to file a claim they expect you to get your own records, yet they do everything in their power to keep you from getting them especially Mental Records. Been going around and around with NPRC for 3 months now for a single piece of paper. Called my VAMC today to get what few records that I may have here at this hospital. Have to do the usual request thingy, but if the DOCTOR doesn't want to release them, they don't have to.This is why I never seeked the VAs programs when it came to Mental issues. First got out of service, had problems dealing with all the negative crap about Veterans during that time. Seeked help at hospital, spent 10hrs waiting and was told to come back when their not so busy.lol Couple weeks later I screwed up trying to fix problem.(if I was successful, I wouldn't be writing now)lol. Anyway over the years if I hit rock bottom, I would seek help only to have same basic BS VA stuff. Just never had hope that a blind person can make a person with vision problems see again. Most of them wanted to load their problems on me because they thought I had room.lol I've always seemed to have had that effect on people.I don't mind if I don't have any of my own at the time. But just being there(at VAMC) should be a clue that now is not the right time. You notice that all the really serious problems have Government names like "Going Postal". The world already looks at us as if we were trainned KILLERS. If that was the case, you'd think they would treat us differently. Because if it were so and we got mad it would be US or Them solutions.It might be time to restart some old bad habits!! *wink* Mike

PS sorry about the download in last post.Site wouldn't accept Work documents for some reason.

Edited by Bigred122

I swear this place is bugged!! lol Not 10 minutes after I left this site, I received a phone call from a NPRC supervisor.They now have a red flag on it and people are now looking for that ONE piece of paper. Whats that old joke, How many government people does it take to find one piece of paper in a file 1 inch thick and how long??? I'm taking bets that that one piece of paper will mysteriously disappear. It had to be sent to a DR, but it will now magically disappear.I told them I had another appointment the 6th of June, I have to Fax AGAIN(3rd time) my request for the piece of paper be sent to my Dr the 5th of June.She couldn't just make a notation on the screen.What a system we have. Maybe I should run for President and get elected so I can transfer all government employees to at least 1 year of duty in Iraq or Afgan.I think it would make a good attitude adjuster.Walk a year in our boots and then deny us!! I am honestly going to send them my computerized disability program idea. They will be able to cut personnel cost by at least 50%.I was successful in the business world, this should be simple.lol Will call it the HADIT2!!!! Mike

PS Royalities forth coming!!

I was wondering, does anyone recommend sending in Granted CAVC cases with your original claim or should one save those for evidence if they deny your claim? It makes a good Ace in the hole should one need it. But I can also see playing that Ace in the first place to possible cut off any chances of denial. I got a granted AO case associating Graves disease and diabetes and toxins.Only difference is my AO contact was Korea. All ideas are much appreciated.Mike

HOPPY HOPPY YOU DA MAN, WITH YOUR ADVICE ANYONE CAN!!!!!! I read some where here that you recommended researching BVA cases with the proper search wording " Section 1151 for Hep C is granted for disability" as an example. You get all kinds of cases, but sometimes you find EXACTLY what you need. I deceided to try and do at least 2 hours of research a day toward my cases. It is fun reading! So many cases that Vets and their lawyers are entering known lies as facts.lol Can't believe they think they won't get caught.lol Found a case that Veldrina would love, Vet claimed for 27 different things. I've read cases were it was obvious the RO was playing games and jerking the Vet around for no reason. Read one today that got me to check my record to see what was on a the authorization form to do surgery or whatever. The case showed how the VA plays the word game to deny cases. On mine,two authorizations were needed one for the surgery and one for the transfusion. The surgery one was all hand written and signed by all. The one for the transfusion was mostly hand written like the other(both were signed by me at the same time) except there was a section that was typed in that said that there was risks involved with transfusions of blood. That one had no signature or initialed by anyone especially me. It is obvious that it was added after the fact to protect their butts.If they try to use that as a reason to deny, I will be way ahead of them. Falsification of documents should weigh heavily in my favor. Lawyers would love stuff like this.lol Today also I have two cases that are exactly what I need to fight off any denial they attempt. If you follow any advice here from this site, make sure Hoppys suggestion is one of them.The answers are out there.Just have to find them. If your search doesn't get what you want try rewriting it until something pops. It took me three times rewriting of research before I hit the jackpot. On the example I wrote above I would get about 30 cases for each year. I had to go thru 3 years worth to find three cases that are exact matches,and two cases that have past cases that I can use in appeals.I have learned more from this research than anywhere else. Thanks again HOPPY!!! Mike