VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Takers?

Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

Just got word that my claim (started 5/6/10 went to rating board 10/20/2010) has been at the rating board since october 20 has now been assigned to a rater as of 5/18/2011..Any takers on this?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The time alotted for processing and adjudicating a claim depends on some uncontrollable varibles. How long it takes to gather the records and information, The time it takes to verify stressors ECT.

We cannot predict when the claims will be process as each claim is different based on the complexity and scope of each claimed disability.

As far as guessing? You will have a decision within the next 10 years, I can be sure of that, but if it is a denial, then you will wait 2 years for the DRO, another 1.5 to 2 years for a BVA hearing and another 2 to 4 years for a CAVC hearing. It just took me 14 years and I am a former VA employee.

Hang in there. I believe it will be sooner than later.

J

Just got word that my claim (started 5/6/10 went to rating board 10/20/2010) has been at the rating board since october 20

has now been assigned to a rater as of 5/18/2011..Any takers on this?

Yea - I'll take it on with a guesstimate.

If you are a Nehmer claimant the following DOES NOT apply.

My crystal ball shows evidence of you receiving a rating decision

within the next 60 to 365 days.

Since you have filed for hardship the rating decision should arrive

somewhere in the middle of the above timeframe.

The crystal ball shows partially cloudy which usually means there

was at least one issue granted as SC'd - but you will not be content

with the percentage assigned and may need to file a Notice of Disagreement.

Sometimes my crystal ball is way off.

I hope for you - this is one of those times.

i really dont understand your last post i dont know if that was a joke or what not, but this whole claim process is very stressful for PTSD patients. I've been at the rating board since 10/20/2010 and filed for hardship 11/27/2010 this bit of information i received today i thought was good but now i'm starting to feel otherwise according to the replies, I was told that my claim has now been assigned to a rater after being at the rating board for 8 months..what does this actually mean?

Yea - I'll take it on with a guesstimate.

If you are a Nehmer claimant the following DOES NOT apply.

My crystal ball shows evidence of you receiving a rating decision

within the next 60 to 365 days.

Since you have filed for hardship the rating decision should arrive

somewhere in the middle of the above timeframe.

The crystal ball shows partially cloudy which usually means there

was at least one issue granted as SC'd - but you will not be content

with the percentage assigned and may need to file a Notice of Disagreement.

Sometimes my crystal ball is way off.

I hope for you - this is one of those times.

i really dont understand your last post i dont know if that was a joke or what not, but this whole claim process is very stressful for PTSD patients. I've been at the rating board since 10/20/2010 and filed for hardship 11/27/2010 this bit of information i received today i thought was good but now i'm starting to feel otherwise according to the replies, I was told that my claim has now been assigned to a rater after being at the rating board for 8 months..what does this actually mean?

OIF,

No - it's actually not a joke, it's the reality of claims adjudication

It means that you are still just in a waiting/holding pattern.

It means my guess is that you will receive a Rating Decision somewhere

in between 60 and 365 days.

It means that since you have filed for hardship, I feel your claim issues MIGHT get expedited

a bit thus you MIGHT receive your Rating Decision somewhere in the middle of the time frame above.

It means I feel the VBA will grant something and you probably will not be completely content

with their decision and you will probably decide to file a NOD on some issue within their Decision.

It means that sometimes my guesstimates are off and that I hope the adjudication of your claim issues, differ from my guesstimate.

Sorry if my posts disappointed you some, but I do not sugar coat anything that deals with VBA

and claimants receiving their benefits.

As I posted before, it would be beneficial for you to get out a fishing pole or find a hobby.

Waiting only helps drive us batty.

VBA and SSA claims are always stressful.

Are you in therapy for your PTSD ? They will try to help you learn and utilize some coping skills.

Sometimes it is helpful and sometimes it is not, but it's worth a try.

Also, the Vet Centers are available for use by many veterans.

The VBA is on their own time frame and as bad as it sounds we get decisions.... when we get them.