Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Takers?

Rate this question

OIF VET 844

Question

Just got word that my claim (started 5/6/10 went to rating board 10/20/2010) has been at the rating board since october 20 has now been assigned to a rater as of 5/18/2011..Any takers on this?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Oif Vet,,, Thank you for your service and sorry you are going thru this but as Carlie said it is time consuming and you must be patient. I too have been in the "system" and it just drags on.

I believe Carlie is right on about here feelings on your claim. Her thoughts are based on what has happened to so many others locked up at the VA. Unfortunately its not just your claim ,,,,,,its everyones claim is just draggin on ever so sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwly. Because of you filing a hardship claim, that could , as Carlie pointed out possibly get you expedited.

I would wait on your BVA decision and then whatever they give you , appeal it for a higher rating which is pretty common , again as Carlie pointed out. I wish I could give you more encouragement and sugar coat it too but I agree with Carlie and because I am fighting the VA also and trying to accept the techniques they use and they way they do it.

I too would get a hobby , occupy your mind and be patient . You are among friends here and we all try and work together to help all veterans and their families , so all I can say is remember .........NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.