Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Insomnia

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Hey guys, I just wanted to know more details about sleep insomnia. In my claim I listed sleep insomnia for one of my disabilities but I just thought about it and didn't have any sort of C&P for sleep insomnia.While deployed I was doing guntruck missions when an IED hit our truck and ever since then I wasn't able to sleep right,(not to mention the firefights and other IEDs that hit us) When I got back from the mission my CO made me go get it checked out and I did. It was all documented and the VA has all my medical records. So I guess my question is will they rate me for it or just deny me, the only thing the VA has done about my sleeping is give me "Quetiapine Fumarate" . Thanks guys.

Mostly, Big Red was responding to what I had said about Sleep Apnea, even tho he did not specify "Bronco vet".

I did not find what Big Red said in the least bit offensive...he was simply stating what I consider to be factual, that the earlier you served, the "tougher" it was.

A good example is with my son who is currently serving. He told me in boot camp that they tell you..."Do you want to quit the Army?"

And, I understand that you can just quit.

Many of us Vn and older Vets find that rather, shall I say, "easy" compared to what we had? We had no option of quitting..it was not an all volunteer military, as was pointed out we have today. I find it rather incredible they can "just quit". We had to stick it out no matter what, and anything less was a deserter.

As I said, the military has changed over the years, and mostly, it has not gotten tougher. We washed all our clothes by hand (no washing machine). Many changes are for the better. Now, we know to offer ear protection from loud noises. They did not offer that back then.

While I appreciate both female Vets, and widows who are on this board, almost no one disputes the military is predominately male dominated. If I tried to enter a predominately female dominated area, I could likely expect some resistance from many of the females. And, we men, well, we often do things differently than women. Pretty much, while men DO get mad at each other, we also tend to get over it quickly and not hold a grudge, usually.

I have met a couple men who got in a big fist fight in grade school and then that opponent winds up being their best friend. There is a male bonding that goes on in a fox hole that I dont think their is a female equivilant for.

Big red was simply stating his "male viewpoint" opinion, which probably represents the majority of the military, tho many, many men just dont talk about it. As already stated, I value highly the widows and female Vets on this board..many of them are an enormous help...but I will ask a little leniency from them on men just being men. We cant help it we dont think like you. Oh brother, I have gotten in trouble with the women before, and I hope this is not going to become World War 3: The battle of the sexes. Lets just remember that the majority of Vets are men and we are here to help Vets.

As a man, I can honestly take offense to what you consider men being men. Society has changed Bro/Beg Red. Please don't group all men into that catagory to fit your opinion. When you comparing the military as being easier today, you fail to realize that weapon technology, physical fitness conditioning, and medical care have been improved so that is of course going to delete many taskes that were completed in different times of service. It's just another era and the only thing constant is change.

We are all Vets and we took the oath to defend this country.

Edited by ArmyTexas

• HadIt.com Elder

I must have been mistaken when the Marine Recruiter told my youngest son that if he did not like it he could quit. I said that he was a liar. I also found it sort of like the real old days when men were rounded up and impressed into the British Navy the way I was drafted.

Oh no, I didn't, but I guess I did read this on here!! I note where somebody wrote "but I will ask a little leniency from them on men just being men." You know what that sounds like to me? It sounds like a lot of the same patterns of thought that go on with a lot of that sexual harassment and the like that still continues, unabated, even as we are more aware now. Really? Is this a real expectation? True, there are still more men than women in the military, as would make that more male veterans than females, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we are ALL veterans. Leniency for being male? Aha, I seem to remember a lot of that going on...

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 67 years old and I was raised to be a gentleman and that being polite respecting elders and ladies was expected. I still open doors, I wait my turn and I try to be civil with all people I have dealings with. I am not a door mat either I do stand up for myself and for those I think need a helping hand.

I have no tolerance for people who harass or try to intimidate. Its a bully nothing more or less. The only allowances I will make are for the young and sometimes unfortunates who have a condition that contributes to rudeness.

When a lady comes to the table I stand up and either assist or wait till they are seated. I open car doors and other doors for ladies. I ask permission to excuse myself.

I even make my grand kids eat at the table.