Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Insomnia

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Hey guys, I just wanted to know more details about sleep insomnia. In my claim I listed sleep insomnia for one of my disabilities but I just thought about it and didn't have any sort of C&P for sleep insomnia.While deployed I was doing guntruck missions when an IED hit our truck and ever since then I wasn't able to sleep right,(not to mention the firefights and other IEDs that hit us) When I got back from the mission my CO made me go get it checked out and I did. It was all documented and the VA has all my medical records. So I guess my question is will they rate me for it or just deny me, the only thing the VA has done about my sleeping is give me "Quetiapine Fumarate" . Thanks guys.

So you would suggest that having sleep apnea is not a serious illness?

Back in those times when the life expetancy was what, like 40?

I guess all service members should just go ahead and forget that any medical conditions that cause them to be over fatigued or fall asleep at unfortunate times should just forget their problem, that way when the sh!! goes down and they are 2-3 steps slower than the bad guys we could just say "thank God for putting them out of their misery"

Seriously?? I find it bad it very bad taste to come on here and demean any medical question a Veteran is asking about. Insomnia can be caused by multiple and some serious medical conditions. Sleep apnea can lead to death. So instead of pissing and moaning you would prefer Veterans just die instead of getting medical treatment or exams to find out what is wrong with them? Crackhead.

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you looked at insominia as being a symptom of PTSD or another anxiety disorder?

I just looked at the medical records form when I was deployed and it did say post traumatic so maybe they will just tie that into my PTSD claim. I wish they would send me C&P to me, I've been waiting forever just to get the report and much more time getting my rating.

I dont know that insomnia is ratable. I think I read that there are something like 100 sleep disorders, but I just doubt that not being able to sleep at night is ratable.

If you have Sleep Apnea, and use a CPAP, this is rated at 50% if service connected. Sleep Apnea is probably a much more serious disorder than insomnia. I think it was Reggie White, the Green Bay Packer, who died of sleep Apnea.

I do think insomnia could lead to other disorders...and could even be a symptom of sleep apnea, tho I am not sure. I have sleep apnea and use a

CPAP, but it is not service connected.

I have been on sleeping pills for Insomnia for over two years and I was given a 0% rating. I was given a 50% rating for Sleep Apnea... Hope this help...