Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Insomnia

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Hey guys, I just wanted to know more details about sleep insomnia. In my claim I listed sleep insomnia for one of my disabilities but I just thought about it and didn't have any sort of C&P for sleep insomnia.While deployed I was doing guntruck missions when an IED hit our truck and ever since then I wasn't able to sleep right,(not to mention the firefights and other IEDs that hit us) When I got back from the mission my CO made me go get it checked out and I did. It was all documented and the VA has all my medical records. So I guess my question is will they rate me for it or just deny me, the only thing the VA has done about my sleeping is give me "Quetiapine Fumarate" . Thanks guys.

I don't think big red was talking about manning up about the sleep apnea, rather talking about basic and how it has turned into a sissy program compared to earlier days.

Mama Bear,

What I see as offensive is quoted below,

"I can just imagine what life would of have been like if we would of pissed and moaned back then like they do nowadays."

In studying some of the post I feel the member is belittling of disability's some veteran put claims in for,

like perhaps their disability has more merit than that of other claimants.

This is the way I have understood some posts, particularly in this thread.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just looked at the medical records form when I was deployed and it did say post traumatic so maybe they will just tie that into my PTSD claim. I wish they would send me C&P to me, I've been waiting forever just to get the report and much more time getting my rating.

So, you have already filed for PTSD, 'Armyvet1987'???

Hang in there, keep breathing.

My most positive thoughts are with you.

Edited by Commander Bob

I surely would not worrying about clogging up the system with any claims, file as many as YOU think you need to, not what someone else recommends you do. The VA has its own issues with corruption, monetary bonuses for illegal claims handling, shredding Veteran claim documents, and many times in general, just screwing over Veterans. Anyone who tries to blame Veterans for the VA backlog must have just crawled out from under a rock, or be so oblivious to the real world they think that the VA is bending over backwards to help Veterans.

My insomnia condition was tied into "Adjustment disorder", I guess I can't adjust to the constant and severe pain in my right knee. The C&P mental health examiner (which I never even filed a claim for mental health) stated in her report "Insomnia due to chronic pain". I think it is one of those areas where insomnia is a symptom of a condition, not an actual condition.

Personally, I don't see anything funny about a system that repeatedly fails to control the employees, like the above mentioned REAL WORLD problems that exist with the VA. Nor do I think it is funny that the VA employees feel they have the power to make decisions like these and ruin the lives of Veterans who are in serious need of help. What is the count now, 18 suicides a day? that we know of. The fact that private fund raising efforts go farther to help Veterans than does the VA is a disgusting display of how unimportant Veteran are to the VA. I know they like to get out and get their photo op and make it appear as if they are trying to make things better, but are things better, No they are not. That is not humorous or comical whatsoever, crackhead

Mostly, Big Red was responding to what I had said about Sleep Apnea, even tho he did not specify "Bronco vet".

I did not find what Big Red said in the least bit offensive...he was simply stating what I consider to be factual, that the earlier you served, the "tougher" it was.

A good example is with my son who is currently serving. He told me in boot camp that they tell you..."Do you want to quit the Army?"

And, I understand that you can just quit.

Many of us Vn and older Vets find that rather, shall I say, "easy" compared to what we had? We had no option of quitting..it was not an all volunteer military, as was pointed out we have today. I find it rather incredible they can "just quit". We had to stick it out no matter what, and anything less was a deserter.

As I said, the military has changed over the years, and mostly, it has not gotten tougher. We washed all our clothes by hand (no washing machine). Many changes are for the better. Now, we know to offer ear protection from loud noises. They did not offer that back then.

While I appreciate both female Vets, and widows who are on this board, almost no one disputes the military is predominately male dominated. If I tried to enter a predominately female dominated area, I could likely expect some resistance from many of the females. And, we men, well, we often do things differently than women. Pretty much, while men DO get mad at each other, we also tend to get over it quickly and not hold a grudge, usually.

I have met a couple men who got in a big fist fight in grade school and then that opponent winds up being their best friend. There is a male bonding that goes on in a fox hole that I dont think their is a female equivilant for.

Big red was simply stating his "male viewpoint" opinion, which probably represents the majority of the military, tho many, many men just dont talk about it. As already stated, I value highly the widows and female Vets on this board..many of them are an enormous help...but I will ask a little leniency from them on men just being men. We cant help it we dont think like you. Oh brother, I have gotten in trouble with the women before, and I hope this is not going to become World War 3: The battle of the sexes. Lets just remember that the majority of Vets are men and we are here to help Vets.

To me Service Connected is something like getting wounded, blown up, you know the obvious shit.

All this hypothecial shyt is just a product of what is wrong with this world.

BR,

If the only conditions that were granted SC came from, "getting wounded, blown up, you know the obvious shit.",

the majority of veterans would not receive any SC.

I sure would like to know EXACTLY what you are referring to in claims adjudication

that would be "hypothecial shyt".