Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Emg's And Cns's

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I'm totally baffeled on this. First of all, I realize alot of test's aren't conclusive and to top it off is to pay out of pocket for it! I guess people like me expect to much when you have to pay for it. Truthfully tho, I had a EMG done on my left arm about a year ago, and the results showed CT left hand. But showed normal for the pain I have radiating from left shoulder down the arm. OK, with that said, I had a CNS done last week for the same issue and this time for the legs also, because of the sciatic nerve pains radiating thru my buttocks down the back of my thighs and calfs. Also my left leg goes totally dead for about 20 minutes. Not kidding, I was at a bar a couple years ago and got up to use the boy's room, walked about 10 feet and fell on my face (no I wasn't drunk, ha) my buddies had to carry me to the nearest chair. Had to sit there 20 minutes before I could stand and walk. Scared the livin daylights out of me! Anyway, the CNS results showed normal again, not even the CT. Can anybody share any info on this. Thanks!!!

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Have you had a MRI done of the brain, and one of the spine? Just a thought, lesions can cause the symptoms you described.

Old soldiers never die.... we just fight new wars!

Proud to have served, U.S. Army WAC

Have you had a MRI done of the brain, and one of the spine? Just a thought, lesions can cause the symptoms you described.

I've had three MRI's done in the past year on my back, but to my knowledge never on the brain. Are you talking about lesions on the brain, or the back? My knowledge of lesion's are perty slim. When you said they can cause the same symptoms I'm having, are you refering to my arm and leg pain, or the dead leg, or all? What causes a lesion? Are they scar tissues? Getting back to the MRI's they show stenosis and DDD in the cervical and lumbar. There's some more but I'll have to get out the reports. Thanks for replying!

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

I'm totally baffeled on this. First of all, I realize alot of test's aren't conclusive and to top it off is to pay out of pocket for it! I guess people like me expect to much when you have to pay for it. Truthfully tho, I had a EMG done on my left arm about a year ago, and the results showed CT left hand. But showed normal for the pain I have radiating from left shoulder down the arm. OK, with that said, I had a CNS done last week for the same issue and this time for the legs also, because of the sciatic nerve pains radiating thru my buttocks down the back of my thighs and calfs. Also my left leg goes totally dead for about 20 minutes. Not kidding, I was at a bar a couple years ago and got up to use the boy's room, walked about 10 feet and fell on my face (no I wasn't drunk, ha) my buddies had to carry me to the nearest chair. Had to sit there 20 minutes before I could stand and walk. Scared the livin daylights out of me! Anyway, the CNS results showed normal again, not even the CT. Can anybody share any info on this. Thanks!!!

Since you state the nurve tests are essentially normal, and not knowing much medical history about you other than still having pain issues. You might want to look at fibromyalgia. Again, this is only a suggestion take it for what it's worth.

JMO,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

You might look into a consult for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (causalgia/Neuralgia)

Nerve damage with fancy names. Unfortunately, as I have found out, there is no cure for such conditions, so you might be better off not knjowing what it is.

Thank you Bergie. I'll bring that up on my next visit to my pain Dr. Does fibormyalgia not show up on NCS tests?

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

You might look into a consult for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (causalgia/Neuralgia)

Nerve damage with fancy names. Unfortunately, as I have found out, there is no cure for such conditions, so you might be better off not knjowing what it is.

Wow, 2 interesting subjects I never would of thought of. Very good advise to bring up on my next visit. Thanks!

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!