Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Tdiu -Now Letter They Are Trying To Take Away

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I got TDIU some time ago(as I should have)I was an attorney by former profession-I was sent questionairre @ whether I had worked in last 12 months-I do what I have to do to maintain my license -CLE education,etc-also/ I did a will and maybe one other matter-very low income-less than 9000$ or less in one year maybe I did not fill out form correctly-I dont know how to answer the question in that I am still an attorney- but they are trying to reduce my TDIU to 80%-my Drs will say I cant work-but how do I address this mess-thanks for my HADIT friends Is there some case that says that marginal employment is not enough to cancel TDIU-also should I go to local VA office and seek assistance-I know to and will answer by Reg Mail.They are trying to say that I worked for twelve months-but I really did not-other than being licensed-I cant work physically-as my Dr will say I am 66 years old/also on social security

Edited by atlaturne

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Somehow, my thinking has gotten twisted while reading this topic. So here comes the dumb question. Does a 100% schedular P & T vet have to file the yearly report ? If so, what is the form # ? I hate it when you post something and somehow it ends up being twisted into something else.Thanks for recognizing this.God Bless

• HadIt.com Elder

So here comes the dumb question. Does a 100% schedular P & T vet have to file the yearly report ?

no...

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Turned in reg/return receipt reply requesting hearing along with form 21-4140,along with new statements from my Drs. showing me to be fully disabled and permanately unable to work,The letter I received from VA says" if form 21-4140 and all necessary info which certifies you remain unemployed is submitted within 60 days-no action will be taken to discontinue this benefit."

Edited by atlaturne

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Excellent idea, 'atlaturne'. Good luck on the date, time stamp... A year or two ago, I went to a VARO to get a date, time stamp, I was told they couldn't do it because the machine was taken away. I had to be persistent about getting my statement stamped. I even had to call the VAOIG and lodge a complaint. This was at the height of "ShredderGate". I eventually had a supervisor go in the back and get it date, time stamped. I hope this issue has been properly addressed by now. Don't take no for an answer.

Please let us know how it goes.Just a follow up-I provided two new IMO letters from two of my Doctors as to my service connected injuries being permanent and rendering me unable to work-permanately disabled-also submitted a VA form 21-4140-the letter I received said if I furnished "all necessary information to certify that I remain unemployed,no action would be taken"-Well it must have worked,because benefits continue and no further action or procedings(I had requested a hearing,it they intended to procede with reducing my benefits,take away TDIU- thanks for all the advise which was helpful Good Luck,

Cmdr. Bob