Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Tdiu -Now Letter They Are Trying To Take Away

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I got TDIU some time ago(as I should have)I was an attorney by former profession-I was sent questionairre @ whether I had worked in last 12 months-I do what I have to do to maintain my license -CLE education,etc-also/ I did a will and maybe one other matter-very low income-less than 9000$ or less in one year maybe I did not fill out form correctly-I dont know how to answer the question in that I am still an attorney- but they are trying to reduce my TDIU to 80%-my Drs will say I cant work-but how do I address this mess-thanks for my HADIT friends Is there some case that says that marginal employment is not enough to cancel TDIU-also should I go to local VA office and seek assistance-I know to and will answer by Reg Mail.They are trying to say that I worked for twelve months-but I really did not-other than being licensed-I cant work physically-as my Dr will say I am 66 years old/also on social security

Edited by atlaturne

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Somehow, my thinking has gotten twisted while reading this topic. So here comes the dumb question. Does a 100% schedular P & T vet have to file the yearly report ? If so, what is the form # ?

Some 100% SC vets can work all they want. Don't have to report to the almighty VA, make as much $$$ as they want. it depends on the disability. Whereas TDIU puts a ball & chain around the TDIU vet's dreams of life, liberty & pursuit of happiness. Even if you try to improve the quality of life, you run the risk losing it all, if you are on TDIU.

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

The way the VA system works it is a disincentive to work and try to better yourself if you have TDIU or 100% for a mental disorder like PTSD. If you lift a finger to help yourself you and your family lose benefits. Mostly people who are 100% for mental or TDIU can't work much anyway. They have spent years bouncing around until they bounce into the VA out of desparation. I was on SSD before I got TDIU so I was going nowhere but I was 51 and I had a working life for 20 years. If I had gotten TDIU when I was 20 that would have been a bad thing for me and I don't think I would be alive today. If I had gone back to school in that day the VA would have reduced me.

I am taking my hearing request to Regional VA in person this coming week.I am of course going to get it date,time stamped as received.I am attaching a new form 21-4140 which correctly shows unable to work.I am getting new verifications from my Doctors which will show my total disability and inability to work. Question-I am 66 years old-should I include that as a point in addition to the forgoing,or does that matter,help,etc.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes your age is important. Not for your case but VA routinely grants a pension to Vets 65 and older. It has been mentioned on Hadit that the older you are the more lenient the VA is.

Good Luck

PS I think that they were fishing

• HadIt.com Elder

I am taking my hearing request to Regional VA in person this coming week.I am of course going to get it date,time stamped as received.I am attaching a new form 21-4140 which correctly shows unable to work.I am getting new verifications from my Doctors which will show my total disability and inability to work. Question-I am 66 years old-should I include that as a point in addition to the forgoing,or does that matter,help,etc.

Excellent idea, 'atlaturne'. Good luck on the date, time stamp... A year or two ago, I went to a VARO to get a date, time stamp, I was told they couldn't do it because the machine was taken away. I had to be persistent about getting my statement stamped. I even had to call the VAOIG and lodge a complaint. This was at the height of "ShredderGate". I eventually had a supervisor go in the back and get it date, time stamped. I hope this issue has been properly addressed by now. Don't take no for an answer.

Please let us know how it goes.

Good Luck,

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob