VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Washington (Wa): Seattle

• HadIt.com Elder

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved.

When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..i'm feeling some pressure being the 1st one to say anything :blink: Let's just say that I'm "frustrated" with Seattle. My claim for TDIU was filed 4 oct 09..my c&p exams were all done by May 2010..and here we are 21 months later. I have responded to every request and I have reported to every appt. I know part of the delay was the RO waiting for a reply from 1 of my 8 previous employers. I guess the letters from the other 7 just wouldn't satisfy them. Than on the 19th month RO ask me to send back a medical records release form even though all my health care has been provided solely by the VA. I made sure they got that in a timely manner by asking an aide from the Congressman's office to help with that. Seattle didn't like that and sent Congressman a letter basically stating I shouldn't have bothered such an important person with my issues and that's what DAV reps are for and that I should get one. (the thing is, it wasn't my idea to involve the Congressman, that was advise given to me by my DAV rep.) Good news though, I just learned that i graduated from the "Developmental" phase to the "Rating" phase with a suspense date of 22 July. "hhmmm':biggrin: Yeah, I know, don't count on it. I hear ya.

Oh, I guess what really set the tone for this whole ordeal wasn't so much waiting this long but it was a copy of an e-mail between 2 raters that was accidently included in my requested copies of my C-file. It says something along the lines that they (seattle raters) don't understand why they are being requested to increase my disabilities. They had already rated me once, grant it the rating WASN"T perfect. so I guess we're stuck with rating her again!...

WTH?!

do you feel the love :wub: . I'm not.

BUT I am likin' all the support i read between Vets on here. People's rank, or what branch of service, even different wars..none of that matters. We all raised our hand and took the same oath. God bless.

Edited by eagle-eye

they (seattle raters) don't understand why they are being requested to increase my disabilities. They had already rated me once, grant it the rating WASN"T perfect. so I guess we're stuck with rating her again!.

I think I would hold on to this e-mail for future ref. I mean, SHOULDN'T it be perfect!!!

Cooter..

I agree about holding onto copy of that e-mail. First, I don't understand why the raters are stumped by my request for increase since that's what a TDIU is. Also, saying that they're stuck with me makes me want to contact the person personally and tell them to find a different job. But yeah, the letter pisses me off but I feel like it's a "nugget" if I have to file a NOD. I'm telling you, I found a lot of interesting papers in my C-file. I had copies of things that weren't even mine and some other e-mail correspondence between raters. I wasn't looking for dirt but just trying to organize my records in order to have some sense of it.

Fourth of July is coming up. Enjoy!

Thanks and good luck with your treasure hunting. Sounds exciting. Kinda a "Indiana Jones" thing.

Hope you get some sweet news soon, Eagle-Eye! :smile:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use