VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Washington (Wa): Seattle

A recent VA OIG report on THE SeATTLE varo

http://www.va.gov/oi...1-00515-266.pdf

All of my claims have been processed through Seattle. My claim for IHD AO and other disability claims including TDIU took 11 months under nehmer and included TDIU claim. I received a rateing of 100% P&T and unemployable rating. All things considered I thought they did an excellent job of processing my claim with very little problems. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones.

I feel sorry for the vet that was over paid for his prostate cancer claim by $59,283. Won't he have to paid that back?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of my claims have been processed through Seattle. My claim for IHD AO and other disability claims including TDIU took 11 months under nehmer and included TDIU claim. I received a rateing of 100% P&T and unemployable rating. All things considered I thought they did an excellent job of processing my claim with very little problems. Guess I was just one of the lucky ones.

I feel sorry for the vet that was over paid for his prostate cancer claim by $59,283. Won't he have to paid that back?

Probably not. When they say that it means they did not terminate his higher rating in a timely manner. Usually, we see this issue as a post from a vet on sites like this complaining that he/she got a letter that says the VA wants to lower his rating and asking what to do to keep it higher.........

• 3 months later...

Had a successful visit with my Vet to Seattle VARO today to view his "C" file. We've always been treated with courtesy and respect at this office and this was no exception. We were told that they would copy 10 pages of his "C" file today, but if we wanted additional copies we'd have to request that via FOIA . We'd previously requested his military medical records, had our personal copies of all of his private medical records, etc, have saved every single page of any kind of correspondence form VA on his claims,. so already had a rather complete file of our own.

I was pleased that there was no erroneous information in the file, ALL of the information we'd provided was in the file, including personal correspondence and documentation challenging erroneous info in the IHD C & P exam. It was very thorough and complete. We did request copies of info of a claim when my Vet retired in 1979 for hypertension that was denied. We had not saved any correspondence on that claim (DUH!!!)so glad to have that information in our files now too.

My Vet applied in person to view his "C" file back on 9/15/2011 and after many contacts with IRIS, he rec'd a letter stating he could come and view it from Jan9 thru Jan 20th, 2012. It took a long time to get our hands on it, we'd been itching to see it ever since we found Hadit and gotten the recommendations to view it and make copies. But, we were also advised to not request it while the claims were being worked on or it would delay action on them, So, we waited until he was rated and then made the request. I think we lucked out that all of the info to make a favorable rating was complete and in his file when they rated him-we had no way of knowing what they were looking at to make the determination.

He filed his IHD/AO claim with Seattle Varo in Oct 2009, was rated Nov 2011 with retro. Filed an addendum for Diabetes type 2 in April 2011 and was rated Sept 2011 with retro. These both had Nehmer work-ups in his "C" file, but he didn't qualify under Nehmer. After the horror stories we've read on Hadit on claims pending for YEARS, we have been very happy. I'm certain that because of what I'd read on Hadit about C & P exams, how to present oneself, providing documentation and more documation re his medical status, etc. that it helped expedite the claims. The information and knowledge on this site is so beneficial to filing claims. Thanks again, Hadit!

Lorraine

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a NOD decided recently? Whether good or bad?

If so, when you did you start your appeal?

According to 3 different sources, all of which cannot be greatly relied upon, my C file is now assigned a DRO as January 24th, 2012.

I guess that is a positive move, meaning it isn't stuck under a chair with a short leg for balancing. But I wonder how long it is taking (On Average) for a DRO to get through a NOD once it is on their desk?

ebenefits and IRIS have responded that they have the supporting evidence needed to process the claim.

2 years for a condition that has been diagnosed, is presumptive, and was being treated while I was on Active Duty, and the RO had all of the tests and nexus letters needed to make a service connection, they just happened to have lost the documents somewhere right before they denied it, and suddenly found the documents (in my file) right after they denied it.

I am very thankful that we are not in the position many of our Brothers and Sisters are in, because we do have income. But if I was in a bad position and this was going on, man, I don't know what I would do?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use