Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Went Fast

Rate this question

kowa

Question

I balled when the examiner asked me a few questions, he said the Dr at my VA had diagnosed me with it and he agreed. He asked me if I had any questions and that was about it.

My question is is this a good thing? I have heard so many horror stories I was waiting to be interrogated mercilessly.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I balled when the examiner asked me a few questions, he said the Dr at my VA had diagnosed me with it and he agreed. He asked me if I had any questions and that was about it.

My question is is this a good thing? I have heard so many horror stories I was waiting to be interrogated mercilessly.

Sounds good to me. It's nice to have a VA C&P examiner agree that in their opinion you do have a service connected disability. The C&P holds a lot of weight. If the C&P goes against you you know its going to be a uphill battle. Not that you can't win but it would be tough.

Kowa, make sure you get a copy of the C&P exam. If you like to get some advice about the exam, you could scan and post it here, make sure you cross out any personal info like, your name, SSN, etc. Members here can give you a headsup about it.

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

As I recall, your MOS was certainly consistent with stressor.

In the actual C & P results there will be a statement as to a nexus to your military service and if that complies with the new criteria, this does sound very positive.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds good to me as well. The exam doctor probably took a look at you and your reactions and just made up his mind. People without problems don't usually cry at exams. People with PTSD very often cry. They start to relive the stressors and strain of the whole process.

Thanks guys, I hope you are right.

There are some other things the DAV rep put in for but I haven't heard anything back yet,, do they just do a couple of things at a time?

Update!

I was awarded a percentage for PTSD but I guess my service rep noticed some things and thinks it's low and filed an appeal. Round 2 later this month, this adds to my anxieties and I cannot wait for it to be over!

Can anyone tell me what to expect in this 2nd exam?

PTSD- 30%

Hypertension-10%

Tinnitus-10%

Right knee- MRI showed a Bakers Cyst and some mild to moderate issues.

Left knee- MRI showed mild to moderate degenerative issues around the lateral horn and Chondromylacia.

The ortho doc at the VA foo fooed my knee pain and attributed it to my age (early 40's) but ordered the first MRI anyway...made me feel like I was wasting his time. When the results came back he ordered the second to be done at a local hospital through Humana. Maybe he realized I wasn't kidding when I told him I have been living with the pain? Have an appointment next week as to how he wants to treat me. C&P has not been made yet for my knees.

I had chronic shin splints the majority of the time I was in that's next.

TIA for any information and apologies for my absence.