Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr's Appts 5-8X's A Month

Rate this question

eagle-eye

Question

OK..I'm at 21 months in waiting on TDIU decision. My claim went from development to rating phase just recently. Needless to say, my emotions went from inpatience to doubting phase at the same time.

In your people's opinion, especially the elders here, do you think my numerous appointments with the VAMC would hold any bearing with raters? All my appts are related to my SC disabilities. I also wonder if when your claim is in the rating phase do raters check for any new medical evidence that may have evolved recently? As in the last 2 weeks. My most recent appts clearly show my conditions worsening and I understand I can include that eviidence in a NOD or Reconsideration, BUT goodness, I hope it's considered now for obvious reasons.

I've been on Hadit a lot these past few days because my husband & sons are on vacation. This site has kept me occupied & focused. Thank you because I had really dreaded being alone for 2 weeks.

Respectfully,

Darcy

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, the raters lean more towards their own examiners opinion verses outside Dr's opinions.

Also re: the new evidence. Get a statement in your files stating you want the recent medical evidence considered with your claim. That is, if the exams where done at the VA. If not, get copies of the exams and submit it along with the statement.

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

I do not think that numerous appointments helps a claim only what's in them, I think that it really depends on the evidence and what the doctor writes in the progress reports. In my opinion raters do not request current medical reports unless told that there are new medical reports available. You can always go to the VAMC release of information office and request these records, make a copy for yourself and then mail a copy to the VARO certified return receipt and try to get them there before a final decision.

Edited by pete992

Thank you Cooter & Pete

I suppose than I'll go to the DAV next week and get that statement included in my file. I appreciate the suggestion.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a 0% rating for cardiac artery disease. I appealed and got some more tests via the VA. I made sure the VA was aware of these new tests. I got an increase to 60%. So new VA medical evidence can help you a lot as long as the VA knows it exists.

I got a 0% rating for cardiac artery disease. I appealed and got some more tests via the VA. I made sure the VA was aware of these new tests. I got an increase to 60%. So new VA medical evidence can help you a lot as long as the VA knows it exists.

John999

Thanks..I'm actually looking fwd to sitting@DAV office for 3 hrs in order to tell them there's more evidence. I'll make sure to call 800# as well. Heck, i'll even get copies of Dr's reports and overnight them (w/receipt,of course) to RO. It's nice to have tasks and at least "feel" like i'm involved in the decision.

this site has been good for me. thanks everyone.