Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Really Need Help

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I really need help and advice. I filed a claim for Parkinson's disease back in Jan 2011, and I used the Fast Track system. I did everything that the site wanted me to do. I had a C&P exam around Mar 2011. I thought everything was done, but I requested copies of all my claims from the VA, and received them, along with an internal VA form that indicated that my Fast Track claim was moved to the general pile of claims, it also indicated that there was no VCAA signed. I had signed it electronically. What is so frustrating is that I was removed from ebenefits, someone removed my military and other data from my files, I would need to start all over. I can get into Fast Track, but my claim is gone, like I never even put it in. Sent IRIS an inquiry, and they sent it to the Houston RO. The Houston office stated that they would need to review my entire claims folder, that was over two weeks ago. Why would they move my claim from an electronic system to a snail system, and I know they can do whatever they want, but should I have not been notified first? Now, I do not know if I have a claim pending or not, very disturbing.

Papa

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA attachment you posted -in my opinion- says that if a vet is declared incompetent, then their next of kin can sign a claim for them in lieu of the veteran's signature.

Did you personally sign the claim for Parkinson's yourself?

I dont read into this that VA has declared you incompetent but that they need your signature-not the signature of a family member.

With split POAs (which I dont quite understand)

it seems to me one of your POAs should be looking into this for you.

As long as your exposure to AO is confirmed and you have the Parkinson's diagnosis, this claim should succeed.

Have you received a VCAA letter for the Parkinson's claim yet?

Berta, The only thing that my family members signed was that one letter. I signed all other forms, I'm not incompetent. The question about the split POA also has me confused. I will need to contact my Lawyer to fix this. As far as signing the VCAA, I did that electronically through the Fast Track System. Now, my claim has been deleted from Fast Track, and moved to the snail pile. I have not received a hard copy of the VCAA to sign yet. I did have a C&P exam for Parkinson's. I just hope that all the things that I uploaded through the Fast Track system got put into my claims folder. Since I have an appeal, a re-evaluation for PTSD (VA's request) and the Parkinson's, could they be waiting to rate everything at once? Or, at least everything except the appeal? Thanks Berta.

Papa

The VA attachment you posted -in my opinion- says that if a vet is declared incompetent, then their next of kin can sign a claim for them in lieu of the veteran's signature.

Did you personally sign the claim for Parkinson's yourself?

I dont read into this that VA has declared you incompetent but that they need your signature-not the signature of a family member.

With split POAs (which I dont quite understand)

it seems to me one of your POAs should be looking into this for you.

As long as your exposure to AO is confirmed and you have the Parkinson's diagnosis, this claim should succeed.

Have you received a VCAA letter for the Parkinson's claim yet?