Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t No Further Exams.

Rate this topic

baca

Good for you. I have good friends who served in Vietnam. It was terrible the way they were treated when they came home. I know a lot of people who escaped Vietnam after the war ended too. I can tell you these people love America. I hear that when Americans visit Vietnam now the people tell them USA #1.

Thank you for your service! No matter what the condition was, we all gave our best. Talk to you soon!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my local VA today. They helped my wife and son get signed up for champ VA and me enrolled in VA health care system. I also decided to get the plates for my cars. It will save us property tax on our cars so I'll do whats good for my family. My wife wants to use the chapter 35 education benefits soon. I think she will do well in school. My local VA has been great through this whole process. I'll be forever greatfull.

I am from Texas and have Disabled Vets plate with no wheel chair. I did not know there was a difference. I park in the handicap space when I need to do that as I also have had a blue hanging card but only use it when I am out with others. Due to my own limits I use the parking spots when there are plenty of open spaces. Most places in Texas have many spaces.

I understood that I can park in disabled spot with the DV plates. If I ever get a ticket I guess I would just show the judge my blue hanger.

My DV plate allow me to buy renewal stickers for 4 bucks. I think that Texas is a good state for a disabled veterans and I always appreciate the kindness offered.

In Texas a Veteran who is 60% or more can get the plates by applying. They can get a second plate but have to pay the full license cost only one almost free plate.

Good luck and enjoy your benefits you earned them.

i double checked today....florida's diabled veteran plates have no wheelchair pictured on it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am from Florida. Does that mean if we have handicap plates we can park in handicap spots based on our tag alone? I got the handicap hanger as well.

Well here in Texas everything is bigger, yes you have the same rights we have in Texas.The tags without the the chair is the same and you do not need the hanging tag on your mirror, but it helps for these people that don't understand our rights!

I keep my Hanger tag in my wife car, I do not like to Park in handicap parking places if do not need to. Plus I need to walk as much as i can or until i can't

Edited by SP4RVN1971

Ok I checked out the DMV web page. There are two different tags in SC. One is disabled veteran handicapped. The other is diabled veteran. One has a wheel chair the other doesn't.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use