Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

National Veterans Legal Services Program

Rate this question

OLDDUDE63

Question

I just recieved a letter from the NVLSP Nehmer Lawsuit Division. They claim to be a nonprofit organization . They claim they may be able to help me get more money on my agent orange ischemic heart disease claim which the VA already is paying me for.The NVLSP claims the VA may may not have paid me enough back pay on this claim. Anyone out there had any connection with this organization? I am at 70% now and waiting on the VA to decide on my claims on individual unemployability,PTSD, carotid artery stenosis,and chronic depression. I started these claims this March. I do not want to get involved with the NVLSP if it will slow down these claims. Should I wait until these claims are taken care before I get in touch with the NVLSP, or forget about the NVLSP totally ?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You know, you have to do what you feel is right, but I am ALWAYS leery of these "get rich" schemes that come around. Every veteran in America knows how we are getting the short end of the stick since the VA is so backed up and our claims are just NOT getting done. We are not the only ones aware of that, and then you have some outfit who can all of a sudden cure you? I just do not trust these "folks" and I would let your claim take its course. Eventually we will prevail huh? The waiting is what kills us, and especially if we are hurting for money, which is the case for most of us. God bless.

I just recieved a letter from the NVLSP Nehmer Lawsuit Division. They claim to be a nonprofit organization . They claim they may be able to help me get more money on my agent orange ischemic heart disease claim which the VA already is paying me for.The NVLSP claims the VA may may not have paid me enough back pay on this claim. Anyone out there had any connection with this organization? I am at 70% now and waiting on the VA to decide on my claims on individual unemployability,PTSD, carotid artery stenosis,and chronic depression. I started these claims this March. I do not want to get involved with the NVLSP if it will slow down these claims. Should I wait until these claims are taken care before I get in touch with the NVLSP, or forget about the NVLSP totally ?

NVLSP is wonderful.

If you have claims in you might want to ride it out for now

and wait on your decision.

If you are not comfortable with the decision then I would get

with NVLSP - right away.

http://www.nvlsp.org/

They and Bergmann & Moore are top of the line.

http://www.vetlawyers.com/contact.aspx

JMHO

Apparently NVLSP sees the potential, in your case, for more retroactive IHD compensation.

NVLSP won the Nehmer Case. Every vet who gets AO comp -gets it because of NVLSP-as they are a non profit pro bono veterans law firm who has impacted on the lives of many thousands of vets and their dependents -particularily regarding Agent Orange Issues.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

NVLSP is an esteemed, highly regarded organization. Use them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nehmer Case-enough said. That case kicked off a chain of events that got me 60% IHD in 60+ days without even making a new claim since I had filed claim in 2001. That $6700 came two days after Christmas, also allowed me to keep my SMC "S" Award ($300+ month)& the NVLSP ask for nothing. NVLSP-there is no one more pro-vet than this group of people.

Don

And just to remind anyone with potential Nehmer claim:

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm

The email addy is in this link as well as the list of information they will need from any vet who contacts them.

I filled out the questionnaire in a Office Org doc before I pasted it into the email to them as this way I could

provide the info concisely.

I posted in my email, the link to the BVA decision I had in 1995 that put me under Nehmer, and also I took some time to think about the answers for the questionnaire (I had a complex issue) ( I also copied and pasted the specific denial part of the 1995 BVA decision so they would see that my current claim fell under the Nehmer Court Order.)

NVLSP sent me a request for a little more more info and,in email, I was able to attach the documents they needed.

I didnt get an official Nehmer letter from the VA until a few months ago.They said all they needed was some estate papers.

Like some others here, the VA never properly put me on their Nehmer list for NVLSP so it is important -if you have a claim falling under Nehmer and the new presumptives, that you get in touch with NVLSP yourself.