VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

I did ask for Permanent individual unemployable in my original claim. My letter says they will have the rater take a second look at the Nexus letter from my Private Physician. In it he states I am totally and completely disabled and unemployable.

The rating for Adjustment disorder with depressed mood is not permanent and is subject to review. However I can't see any chance of improvement, for the simple fact I will never really be the same again. I am less of a man then I was 2 years ago. I am subject to breaking down mentally and for no reason at all. My wife has had to take up the slack and do the things I can no longer do. I can't drive anywhere because of the meds. There are so many things that affect me now that did not before. All I can do is try and cope with them the best I can. Sorry for rambling about this folks.

Any how Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement, it is nice and REALLY appreciative!

One last thing, how long does it usually take for them to deposit the funds after they rule? I am expecting 10 months back pay plus I really need it to get caught up on my mortgage, car payments and credit cars we used to sustain us until this ruling.

Have a great one and good luck to all who are still waiting!!! May the Lord shine on you as he has Us!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW, GREAT! From a door gunner to a Crew Chief. That's great! Don't stop now. If they did not give you all that you ask for, go back and file again! Spend the money wisely :mellow: God Bless!

• Founder

Chief congratulations, I second what Carlie said good on your VSO. I hear what you are saying about feeling like less a man, but remember you are not lesser man just a different man.

WoW, GREAT! From a door gunner to a Crew Chief. That's great! Don't stop now. If they did not give you all that you ask for, go back and file again! Spend the money wisely :mellow: God Bless!

Congrats - Yes - I've heard of it most of the time from my experience when the DAV reps call and ask you a question like that the person making the rating call has already spoken with the DAV rep - that happen in my case with the American Legion Rep when he called me but like the others say keep at it - it's a very long road but worth it.

Edited by Medic

Huey Crew Chief,

Congrats! Sounds like you've got a good VSO. Don't forget to update your Hadit profile with your new rating.

Best wishes with your deferred issues.

On Friday of last week my DAV Rep. called and had a few questions for me. He said I had some smaller Secondary Issues that are mostly caused by the Medications I take for my Primary Disability. He ask if I wanted to defer those and address them later because they were ready to rule and do my rating. These things are like Insomnia, Constipation, Headaches and so on. He said it would be okay to defer them and this way I would get my primary rated and money in hand.

Well today not but 2 days later I get a white Envelope and inside they granted me an increase from 10% for DDD of lower-back to 20% and added a additonal 50% for Adjustment Disorder with Depressed mood. Not sure if that is for my Depression secondary to my low-back pain. But I will take it. I happy for the ruling.

But has anyone ever heard of this before? By that I mean defer secondary issues just to get the primary rated and out which they said was because of a hardship. (About to loose my home and all.) I hope I have made myself clear here let me know if not.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO GET THIS DONE WOWWWIIIIEE!!!

i just severed my claim to get a determination on just the depression issue. the official letter i got from the va stated if i reapplied for the 2 conditions i severed within a year of getting the letter, if approved, would revert to the original filing date. this sort of sounds like what happened to you.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use