Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Leave Records Wrong For 185 Of 206 Va Employees

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Those having trouble with the St. Pete RO now can understand why. An audit showed that most leave records were wrong, and employees were being overpaid.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/military/veterans/va-figures-on-timecard-inquiry-dont-match-audit/1182767

What this means is that there was widespread fudging of the time clock, probably with one employee clocking in for another while they are on vacation. They have a name for this. Its called fraud. Watch the VAOIG overlook this.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

With the average VA employee earning about 64,000 per year, the 5000 hour error means that employees stole about $150,000 from taxpayers, by fudging each others time cards, just in the year that was audited.

IF you read the comments, one of them says that the system in place for recording granted leave ultimately depends on the timeclock administrator (not that unusual, my software company does it the same way), so when your leave time is approved by your supervisor, you assume that you can go-thats the system in place. If it is not recorded you end up long or short. The same thing happened at my company and we only have 20 employees. The girl that was supposed to do it spent more time checking myspace than doing her job, so a few months after she was fired a periodic check was done of the paper time keeping records vs. the computer before the new person started. Same thing. It was a mess, but we are small enough that it was forgiven, since it wasn't our fault that our leave was approved by her and she never recorded it.

It happens a lot, which is why we went with a fingerprint sign in time clock that doesn't rely on paper, and downloads our leave balances from our parent company every year when they update.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

With the average VA employee earning about 64,000 per year, the 5000 hour error means that employees stole about $150,000 from taxpayers, by fudging each others time cards, just in the year that was audited.

And you know this HOW?? Amazing broncovet how much you know about the VA system??????????

Government GS wage ratings are public information-the VA is a government agency.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=The_Veterans_Administration_(United_States)/Salary and many other places as well.

CAS

And you know this HOW?? Amazing broncovet how much you know about the VA system??????????

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

It looks my numbers were "old". According to this article, the average fed government employee fetches 85,000 and, including benefits it is more than 6 figures.

http://www.investorsinsight.com/blogs/forecasts_trends/archive/2010/08/17/federal-workers-make-twice-that-of-private-sector.aspx

How do I know? I read a lot.

Please correct my earlier post. Instead of 64,000 per year its 123,000, so employees stole closer to $300,000 rather than 150, 000