Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

31 U.s. Troops Killed In Worst-Ever Afghanistan Incident

carlie

*** TRIGGERS ***

31 U.S. Troops Killed in Worst-Ever Afghanistan Incident

http://www.allgov.com/Top_Stories/ViewNews/31_US_Troops_Killed_in_Worst_Ever_Afghanistan_Incident_110807

" America’s elite Navy SEALs have again borne the worst of the Afghanistan war for the U.S. military, losing 22 commandoes on Saturday in the single deadliest day since the conflict began almost ten years ago.

The SEALs were among 31 who died when their CH-47 Chinook helicopter was shot down by a missile fired by the Taliban during an attack against a Taliban compound in the village of Jaw-e-Mekh Zareen in the Tangi Valley in Wardak. Others killed were three U.S. Air Force air controllers, seven Afghan Army troops, a dog and his handler, and a civilian interpreter, as well as the helicopter crew.

Most of the SEALS were part of Team 6, the same unit that killed Osama bin Laden. However, according to the Pentagon, none of the men killed over the weekend took part in the bin Laden raid. There is no way to confirm this because the U.S. has kept secret the names of the men involved in the bin Laden killing in order to protect them from direct retaliation.

Before Saturday’s loss, America’s single worst day in the Afghanistan war occurred on June 28, 2005, when another helicopter downing killed 16 Navy SEALs and U.S. Army special operations troops. Those commandoes died while on a mission to rescue four SEALs under attack by the Taliban. Three of the SEALs being rescued were also killed."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Carlie and John, It greatly saddens me to see this and know that their is a price for our freedom. We will never know just how close we have come to some other attacks on our country and its folks had it not been for these brave men and women in harms way ....taking the fight to them and trying to unfold their devilish plots. I was just watching a group of taliban shooting up a large group of people who were trying to help the US to rid there country and realize they hate not only us but even there own countrymen. They are controlled by Satan and if we can all realize as a country and all get together behind our fine troops we might be able to break the back of this thing .

God is going to have to deliver protection and Psalms 84:7 says...."The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him and delivereth them". I know some of our troops serve the true and living God and fear him. One of them is one of my best friends and loves Jesus. He was on seal team 6 and retired after 22 years. We must continue to pray for a hedge of protection for our troops and for no safe areas to hid the terrorist and will fortell as Elijah did the 450 false Prophets of Baal. He won that battle and everyone feared him because he spoke the truth and the Lord gave his power to bring them into the hands of Gods Children. Fellow Hadit members wherever you are , please just take a minute to thank these folks and to pray for comfort for the families of the fallen. They fell for us. To Pray for those mourning their losses of loved ones. God Bless and keep you safe. Trust in the Lord , In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path....AMEN. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

NEVER GIVE UP.. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Hello Carlie,,,,,yes your right.... No offense taken as I was probably giving more of a history lesson of kinda what happened along time ago. I will try and refrain from getting alittle patriotic and emotional over our losses. It seems our history from 6000 years or more has got to come around again. Did not mean to step over the line but I think all of us could use some kind of outside help these days. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless,C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless our Military can develop a plan to finish this war I think that the Troops should be taken home and out of harms way.

Something really stinks that one of our large choppers can be ambushed so easily. Course if you watch Rambo III you can understand how it happened.

Would not be surprised if it was an American weapon that took the chopper down.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use