Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regulatory Or Procedural Review Listed As A New Claim

Rate this question

ferris7060

Question

I started my claim one year ago today for TDIU. I thought I'd check EBenefits on this 1 year mark, and what I found was confusing. I've been in the decision phase since Feb 2011, today I had a new claim enetered that said "Regulatory or Procedural Review" opened Aug. 10th. It states that this claim is in Buffalo (my TDIU claim is at Togus). Anyone know what this is all about? Because it says this claim is in development I am nervous that my TDIU claim is not only back in development but also in Buffalo?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Ferris,,,,, Ok ...not Vietnam so Nehmer may or may not come into place. If I were you I would do like the wifey says .....wait for the letter. You sound like you have already gotten some of the runaround that most of us here have also received.

As Berta suggested a GOOD VSO would be helpful , but if you have been denied your initial claim after June 21, 2007 you can hire a lawyer. By law the initial charge is restricted to 20 percent of the retro pay back to the Earliest Effective Date or the date you filed your claim. I believe this is correct. Please hang in there and remember that many of us here are still fighting the VA too. Above all.....NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know if feels like forever, but one year is not that long to wait for a TDIU claim. If you have waited 18 months and still no decision get nervous. Did you file for SSDI? If you get SSDI that establishes your TDIU date pretty well.

I have had SSDI since Feb 2010 granted for SC disabilities only. It states in my SSDI decision that all information used came from my VA records. They dated that decision back to Sept 2004 which was my ETS date from the Army (medically discharged). They quoted a VA doctor who said I was unemployable. My C&P for this claim came back with a seperate VA Doc stating "at least as likely as not" to the unemployable due to SC question. I think I have a pretty good chance. I have done very well with finding the patience for this process, until lately, I'm growing really tired of it. I was fine until being sent back to the development stage a year into the process. I have to admit I was a little happy just to hear that someone touched it at all though- it's been a while.